Id like to know the age and est value of my subs

Vermsn95

CarAudio.com Newbie
I just bought this car and it came with a custom box thats fiberglassed in the spare tire area of my sn95. Has 2 12s rockford punchs. And 2 punch amps. Im wondering if its worth selling as honestly im not huge into bass and its alot of weight added and robs alot of power..

Attachments

• 0B86E219-567D-4745-BA3F-A73F5C5EB682.jpeg
    0B86E219-567D-4745-BA3F-A73F5C5EB682.jpeg
    826.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 91785E24-60ED-4AA6-BC38-4573F71AD997.png
    91785E24-60ED-4AA6-BC38-4573F71AD997.png
    303.4 KB · Views: 73
Look up the model numbers of the items you have on ebay.. Scroll down and on the left hand side where it says "sold" click that and you will see what the items sell for, Then you can choose to see only used items and that should give you exactly what you are looking for.

That's probably going to be the best overall way to value the stuff. Take a sub out carefully, look at the model on the magnet (if still present), or just look of Rockford P3 subs. Same for the amps, should say the models on them somewhere.

Otherwise post it for sale online and see if any offers peak your interest.

I never noticed any of my cars slower or faster with similar size systems, installed or not.

Pull it all out and get the Model #s off of them and google them up and see what each one are worth used.Place them for sale at a fair price

Ok thank you for your response's guys! I was hoping someone could tell exactly what they were with their wizard powers and infinite knowledge so i didnt have to get my hands dirty HAHA. No, but seriously i was at work and figured id try my luck but nonetheless good advice and i will follow it.
I do however have a question i feel silly asking as im obviously not a audio guru, albeit have made a custom box or two so im not helpless per say. I assume the smaller of the two amps would be for the speakers and not for the subs correct? Once again i know i can go and figure it out but since am not able to at the moment so I figured id ask. I do want to keep the speakers and possibly even add a new sub thats just smaller, just looking to downsize is all.. with that said i will try to find out what models they are and get them posted and will link them in this forum in case anyone here wants them.. I’ll definitely be fair on the prices. Thanks again guys

Amp size doesn’t necessarily tell which is for the subs. Look at the top right corner of the amps, the model number should be there for each one and you may have a better idea. Say one is a p1000.1bd, it will clearly be the sub amp. If they are both two channel amps, the bigger is likely for subs, but you can follow the wiring to say for sure.

For the subs, you can probably just google Rockford P3 12 and look for subs that look just like those for a ballpark. Those are very specific looking subs with that type of cone material, so really can’t mistake them, but the exact model will be in the magnet or terminals to be certain what they are.

If they are older subs, it might be more challenging finding current sale prices on them.

Ok just had time to go look at everything. Looks like the small amp is powering 2 6x9 fosgate speakers.
The big amp is for the subs and it is model: P1000-bd.
The small one is model: P400-2
The subs are: P3D212
I must say all this stuff us very nice quality and in great condition since i looked and they were all popular around 2014ish and crutchfield says they are all discontinued but see that the new models look veey similar just updated part numbers..
The prices for the new equipment are: subs $210 each, mono amp is $500, and the 2 channel small amp is 350.
I looked at these for used and some people want outrageous amounts especially the mono amp i saw for this particular model i have they were asking $800+ for it on ebay. I know thats a ripoff and doubt anyone would ever pay that. My 2 channel amp on ebay is about 200$, and have yet to locate these exact subs.. now im not gonna be asking this top dollar so can someone help me out finding a reasonable price to ask, also i do not mind sitting on them for a while.. oh yes one last thing, these subs must way 30 pounds each! I could barely lift it out the hole since theres nothing to really grab haha.. thanks guys.

Ok just had time to go look at everything. Looks like the small amp is powering 2 6x9 fosgate speakers.
The big amp is for the subs and it is model: P1000-bd.
The small one is model: P400-2
The subs are: P3D212
I must say all this stuff us very nice quality and in great condition since i looked and they were all popular around 2014ish and crutchfield says they are all discontinued but see that the new models look veey similar just updated part numbers..
The prices for the new equipment are: subs $210 each, mono amp is $500, and the 2 channel small amp is 350.
I looked at these for used and some people want outrageous amounts especially the mono amp i saw for this particular model i have they were asking $800+ for it on ebay. I know thats a ripoff and doubt anyone would ever pay that. My 2 channel amp on ebay is about 200$, and have yet to locate these exact subs.. now im not gonna be asking this top dollar so can someone help me out finding a reasonable price to ask, also i do not mind sitting on them for a while.. oh yes one last thing, these subs must way 30 pounds each! I could barely lift it out the hole since theres nothing to really grab haha.. thanks guys.
Normally when I sell anything used I start off asking between 50-70% of retail depending on the demand for the item and the condition...

Honestly.. There is so much of RF used gear for sale on Ebay even that its hard to put an exact number on anything you have. Another thing to be considered as stated is that the pieces you have.. are they even desirable to those that collect or are they even a collectable piece that may generate towards an exceptional valued piece to a collector? as well, there are audio gear that is fairly cheap to obtain of the new with an approx. of some even closer to 0.20-0.10 cents per watt rather than $1 per watt back in the day or at a later time? it would be safe to consider an approx. of %40-50% on used gear if in nice to super clean. I have some older gear that is highly collectable to others that cant be found in the condition and working state that I may be able to ask a premium price for and most likely you can not find. If you go to Ebay alone right now and search for RF amplifiers for sale.. there are over 1600 atm?? Dont expect top $ for what you have.. Its too much of a Common Brand and not very demanding within the Erra of the models. Ask or sale for what you want,, and its up to a buyer to make the decision of whether or not its worth the purchase.

My opinion is, which don’t take it the wrong way, is it’s slightly older mainstream gear, not top of the line, so value is not going to be very high. If it were me, I'd hope for around $300 - $450 for it all, which may or may not be easy to get, but anything higher, I think I'd end up sitting on it for quite a while. The box is nearly useless for most other installs, and if it has to be destroyed to remove, offers no value at all.

The subs / amps are reasonable quality, I love Rockford and they have made overall decent stuff, but not a huge profit on the second hand used market for those models.

I say slap a high price on it locally and see what offers you get.

You could always try ebay, but ebay fees, paypal fees, shipping fees and costs, makes it not even worth messing with anymore.

The last owner of the car apparently felt it wasn't worth the time to try and sell the stuff.

I would sit on this stuff for a bit if you can. wait until Next summer and see what it will go for then.Enjoy it while you have it

This is exactly what im planning, but after driving around more and just enjoying the car it is quite nice to have a nice system in it.. i may just hold onto it. Also on a different note i notice when i turn it up close to max, i hear a squeek of sorts that would either be a piece of the car moving around and squeeking from the base rattling the car to death or more likely one or both of those subs may be going out but im not sure.. what would be the best way to figure that out and pinpoint it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...