street max build on the CHEAP!!!

i think you blew your budget bud awesome build though
Actually I'm far from the budget!!

I sold the first audiopipe and for 300$

two of the audiopipe amps for 500$

And the last one for 350$

Which puts the build back to 900$ .... Not saying I didn't buy these two Zenon (Karstadt) amps as well as the two Stetsom 7K2D amps lol.. I haven't put them in the budget cause I don't know which amps I will use.

At the moment though I am testing with the one Zenon amp ... Which I did pick up for CHEAP! ($???)

So I never mentioned what I've been up to..

I put the mic in the hatch area to see how much SPL I was losing in the front side of the baffle.

So it was a crazy 137db!! Some dude's system's are barely that loud. if I'm getting that in back .. What am I losing in the front?

So I added 2 more layers to all sides of the box except for the bottom.. Unfortunately I can't. I even made a new front baffle that seals off the wall out of one sheet of wood and flush mounted the woofers now.. See what it does once the glue dries?

And I should make a new video!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I never mentioned what I've been up to..
I put the mic in the hatch area to see how much SPL I was losing in the front side of the baffle.

So it was a crazy 137db!! Some dude's system's are barely that loud. if I'm getting that in back .. What am I losing in the front?

So I added 2 more layers to all sides of the box except for the bottom.. Unfortunately I can't. I even made a new front baffle that seals off the wall out of one sheet of wood and flush mounted the woofers now.. See what it does once the wood dries?

And I should make a new video!
Pics?!

I LOVE IT !! I was just about to go to bed when i clicked on this tread and had to read it all ! Best thread I have read yet ! Just keep at it you will get it I am sure.

It doesn't look a whole lot different, most of the work is unseen ya know... Adding more wood and baffles everywhere.

4 layers thick on the sides, top, and back.

2 layers thick on the bottom.

7 layers thick on the front baffle.

Tomorrow I will run it on the meter and see what happens.

I'll take a video and record the...

DC voltage/amperage draw

Output AC voltage/amperage

And of course the SPL

20131002_204119_zps50d1dfda.jpg

20131002_202335_zps5044b906.jpg

Here's the video I promised

The AC amperage output meter went over limit but its usually 46 amps.

I don't know if there's a way to post the YouTube video so it plays on this webpage so I'll just throw up the link.

0.5 ohm starting impedance

1.2 ohm box rise

14.5 volts starting

10.98 volts dropping

55.7 AC voltage

46 AC amps

75.2 amps of current draw is what my meter picked up,.. Maybe I had it set wrong, I think it should be higher like 175.2 amps.

2562 watts clamped

Set with oscilloscope to 0% distortion

Looks like its coming along well.

Be sure to round over the back-side of your baffle (behind the woofers), should be several tenths gain there...

Power wise, I would estimate you can get it up to the 153ish range with pair of 15s on 2-2.5kw.

Here's another test.. The first one didn't have all the runs of power wire hooked up to the battery.. Just one positive and negative.. and in this one they are all hooked up.

Still climbing!!

So I'vebeen busy with work so iI haven't done anything to the car yet, I'm going to strap both those KARSTADT amps on Tue and test it. Then I'm going to try running it with 1 Stetsom

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.