street max build on the CHEAP!!!

OK so I'm done with this box.. For now anyways. I thought I would do a quick mod or two before I slamm SERIOUS POWER at, it. Here's where we are at with just...

-One 3000 watt KARSTADT amp.. A lot of peeps said.." WTF is that garbage!" Or "next wolfenhagan" LOL

-One stock 55amp GM Metro alternator

-One battery, a D3100 XS POWER (under the HOOD!)

-And like a ton of hard work/testing!

20131013_133350_zpsb337ac46.jpg

I will test it Tuesday with the two amps strapped and then with ONE Stetsom 7K2D, but I had to see where one amp left off in score!

And of course I made a video to back the numbers but haven't uploaded it yet

So I just re wired the back of the car and now it's got the two amps in there for testing... But I'm kinda nervous, I've got those Zenon amps strapped at 0.5 ohm load, after rise I get 1.1 ohm.

It's just going to be for short burping and not daily though, hopefully I don't smoke them lol... afterwards I'll test the Stetsom.

posting results tomorrow afternoon lol

Ahhh so testing today was not the score I was hoping for but considering my electrical (stock 55amp alternator) I think its a wicked gain!!

So I tested both Zenon amps strapped at 0.5 ohms rising to 1.6ohms and they were drawing so much current it was stupid, my voltage dropped down to 8.8 volts (which is no surprise) and didn't want to do any damage so I just stopped and pulled them out. SPL was 152.5dbs

Then I tried the 1 Stetsom 7K2D 18 volt edition and my voltage only dropped to 10.05 which is still terrible but I clamped 6500 RMS out of it at 10 volts, starting at 0.5ohms rising to 0.9 so I'm happy with that. SPL after testing it off a battery that wasnt fresh off the charger and burping different amps all day was 152.62 i did do a 152.85 but with no pics. I doubled my power and got a 2db gain...was hoping for around 2.5dbs but what ever. I'm going to look at getting a custom alternator very soon and sound deadener.

20131015_160105_zpsc27eb83d.jpg

20131015_160046_zpsb9588d7a.jpg

...not by just throwing more power at it based on the results thus far.

The box still needs quite a bit of work - on 6500 watts, you need to get it up into the 157-158 db range (so ~5db gain just in the box/car with current power).

Can I squeeze 8 more dB's out of it for a world record?
I don't know but I'll sure try!

...not by just throwing more power at it based on the results thus far.The box still needs quite a bit of work - on 6500 watts, you need to get it up into the 157-158 db range (so ~5db gain just in the box/car with current power).
I dont really know how long it stayed at 6500 watts and when my car reached 152/53 dbs. i couldnt watch all meters at the same time... IE voltage input, AC amps, AC volts, SPL meter.. lol but im sure it wasnt long!

I will continue to get the box more efficient that is for sure, i just want to get the voltage sorted out first so any mods after this point at high SPL will be more accurate.

Ive got more time on my hands then most people, but if the wife lets me spend it on the car is another thing lol!

I am also thinking about new Woofers,... i dont rely want to cut these ones up for reconing when they work perfect,... but i dont think its the coil configuration i want and could possible get ones with higher SPL/Efficiency for my application.

Well the new DB Drags classes and rules were released,.. And they removed street max.

Sad as it is, I'm going to be gutting the metro and starting a new build.

Going to build a street stock 4000 watt class. Thinking 4 - 18's in the dodge durango.

I will be doing a build log.

Well the new DB Drags classes and rules were released,.. And they removed street max.
Sad as it is, I'm going to be gutting the metro and starting a new build.

Going to build a street stock 4000 watt class. Thinking 4 - 18's in the dodge durango.

I will be doing a build log.
Where are the new rules? I still see SM on the matrix.

They are up on termpro Taylor. And yes no more street max
I've bee reading it over and over, can't find the maximum box height anymore.. Was top of the headrests or 13" from roof liner but I can't seem to find it this year.. Wonder if they are going back to window line rule?

I've bee reading it over and over, can't find the maximum box height anymore.. Was top of the headrests or 13" from roof liner but I can't seem to find it this year.. Wonder if they are going back to window line rule?
No. Combined box subs and or rack or false floor of 30" or less and 13" or more from the headliner

No. Combined box subs and or rack or false floor of 30" or less and 13" or more from the headliner
Thank you, do you know about sound deadener limits? Did they remove the "2 layer or 1/4"" rule to unlimited because I couldn't find the limit anywhere in the new rule book?

Thank you, do you know about sound deadener limits? Did they remove the "2 layer or 1/4"" rule to unlimited because I couldn't find the limit anywhere in the new rule book?
Not sure yet I haven't looked at all the rules yet. But I don't think so

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.