Started the demo car build.

I haven't seen or heard of glass breaking under 160dB and most of those aren't under 165. I'd say it's safe to guess you're not there.

It is extremely safe lol. The top of the windshield is starting to show something tho, not sure if they are small cracks or the seal is starting to fail.

Attachments

• BBE5E4FD-EFF4-472B-AF8D-C18FB546F934.jpeg
    BBE5E4FD-EFF4-472B-AF8D-C18FB546F934.jpeg
    529 KB · Views: 44
It is extremely safe lol. The top of the windshield is starting to show something tho, not sure if they are small cracks or the seal is starting to fail.
Tint coming off?
I broke a few windshields doing 57s.
Not like OP is there either. Still though that is low for breaking glass as far as where most people can hold a windshield in.

Windshield shape has alot to do with how eaisely it will crack. Flatter windshields break eaiser. Since most cars after like 1980 have curved windshields, it takes alot more to break them. I broke the windshield in my 1970 beetle smacking a spider on it, lol.

Matt

Windshield shape has alot to do with how eaisely it will crack. Flatter windshields break eaiser. Since most cars after like 1980 have curved windshields, it takes alot more to break them. I broke the windshield in my 1970 beetle smacking a spider on it, lol.

Matt

Lmao I’d never smack a spider. Last time I spotted one in my car while driving I almost crashed the car 😂.

Lmao I’d never smack a spider. Last time I spotted one in my car while driving I almost crashed the car 😂.

It was definitely a panic moment. Spiders are the one thing that makes my skin crawl. It was on my rear view mirror and then hopped on the windshield right in front of my face. To anyone not familiar with the seating position of a 1970 beetle, the windshield is basically flat, and only about 18 inches in front of you. I panicked, smacked the damn thing, and got a lovely cracked windshield for my efforts.

Matt

Took the car out today to show my buddy and some guys from his job who are into systems. Hopefully these videos work! Had to shorten it big time so it should.

Attachments

• IMG_1680.MOV
    20.1 MB
  • IMG_1681.MOV
    6.3 MB
Hmm. Hopefully you can stay on top of Dust control?? Opening the door or windows when it rains?? Hmm I dont know man, hopefully they survive

So far not getting dusty but it would be easy to clean them by blowing them off with an air compressor. They sit about an inch back just under the arm rests so water won’t be an issue. It’s raining today actually 😂.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...