Simple sub size question.

The choice:

4 - 10" subs wired to 1ohm sharing 3,000w

OR

2 - 15" subs wired to 1ohm sharing 3,000w

Why would you choose one over the other?

In my mind. I’m thinking lot of things.
how much space do i have in the vehicle? What is the frequency response? Things along those lines.
Let’s say all things being optimized. I’m thinking the 4-10s would be better for daily driver. More cone area then 2-15s. While the 2-15s might be able to play lower in bass frequencies. Are the average guys going to be able to hear a 20 or below sound?

I almost pulled the trigger on a 2002 Grand Cherokee. But I did make up my mind. It will be a Grand Cherokee. I am running two 10's now that are going to be upgraded in the Elantra but in the GC I want to frighten people.

I'd do the 15's (if we're talking same subs but different sizes)

Most likely cost less
More cone area
effortless sound
easier box

What 15's are you looking at?

In my experience, larger subs play lower, so I'd go 15's.

However, EVERY teenager has TWO subs, so I like four 10's for the wow-factor.

Ultimately, I prioritize a pretty install with whichever route you choose

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...