Silverado DDZ build

Where did i say it decreases low frequency response?
Sent from my ZTE ZMax using Tapatalk
Nate pointed it out

Man. This is a dogpile lol.
All my build logs end up like this

Ohhh no i didnt mean it decreases frequency.. The motor force at low frequencies on a stock setup would blow a cone from over extending aka maxing xmax..

Sent from my ZTE ZMax using Tapatalk
Still no.

I had one stock and it was not damaged by low frequencies

I hope adulbrich does 150db at 12hz and shuts everyone up. This is car audio. We build,we test,we learn and do it all over again. Let the young one do his thang and learn.
Thanks, lol

I'd love to break a 150 lower than 30hz eventually, but numbers aren't my main goal

Loud and flat between 27 and 40 would be great for low demos.
If that's your idea of sounding great than I'm sure you'll be thrilled. Just be aware that you're giving up a lot of potential with those subs using them in an application for which they are not intended and using non OEM parts (if you ever actually get the parts).

Seriously. Just order yourself a couple Sundown X or zv4. Either will perform far better in the box you have. From what I've seen Tantric owes a lot of people a lot of stuff/work. Even if the guy has all the best intentions he may be past the point of no return. Funny how when this company first hit the scene the first thing I though was T3.

I'd love to break a 150 lower than 30hz eventually, but numbers aren't my main goal
If you can't do it with 20K on a pair of 18's in a pickup truck you might as well just hang it up. Not like you care about bandwidth. I see no problem.

Just out of curiosity, how much extra x-max do you think you're getting out of these special softparts? What do you think that'll translate to in real-world output?

If that's your idea of sounding great than I'm sure you'll be thrilled. Just be aware that you're giving up a lot of potential with those subs using them in an application for which they are not intended and using non OEM parts (if you ever actually get the parts).
Seriously. Just order yourself a couple Sundown X or zv4. Either will perform far better in the box you have. From what I've seen Tantric owes a lot of people a lot of stuff/work. Even if the guy has all the best intentions he may be past the point of no return. Funny how when this company first hit the scene the first thing I though was T3.
That is my goal. That's why I was confused as to why you wanted to argue with me. I don't see any better motors I could use for that. No, I'm not using them for their intended purpose. Yes I think the high motor force is what I'm looking for. Box is just a bit bigger than DD specs. Two cubes extra per sub, and I've probably eaten up more than I think with bracing. Also, I haven't taken the sub motor and basket displacement into account.

I have owned a Sunown X and was not impressed. I was far more impressed with my Z, but it's apples to oranges.

If you can't do it with 20K on a pair of 18's in a pickup truck you might as well just hang it up. Not like you care about bandwidth. I see no problem.
Just out of curiosity, how much extra x-max do you think you're getting out of these special softparts? What do you think that'll translate to in real-world output?
This is primarily intended to be a low end demo monster. I've never metered, so I don't know how difficult that goal is. As long as I can play 20-40hz loud I'm happy.

I don't think I'll get any more x-max with these soft parts. That was back when I was choosing between the old 12 spoke 12" frames with 8" spiders and the Ti 12" frames with 12" spiders.

Now I have standard 6 spoke 18" baskets, which DD actually used on this generation Z. I do not think these soft parts are going to be better than stock.

You don't seem to understand that I either get these soft parts or I don't. If I chose not to get them, I get nothing. If I do get them, I got what I had originally paid for. If it bothers you THAT MUCH that I'm using Tantric softparts, buy me DD recones and I'll build the proper box to DD specs.

If not, QUIT YOUR BITCHING. Thank you.

that is my goal. That's why i was confused as to why you wanted to argue with me. I don't see any better motors i could use for that. No, i'm not using them for their intended purpose. Yes i think the high motor force is what i'm looking for. Box is just a bit bigger than dd specs. Two cubes extra per sub, and i've probably eaten up more than i think with bracing. Also, i haven't taken the sub motor and basket displacement into account.
I have owned a sunown x and was not impressed. I was far more impressed with my z, but it's apples to oranges.

This is primarily intended to be a low end demo monster. I've never metered, so i don't know how difficult that goal is. As long as i can play 20-40hz loud i'm happy.

I don't think i'll get any more x-max with these soft parts. That was back when i was choosing between the old 12 spoke 12" frames with 8" spiders and the ti 12" frames with 12" spiders.

Now i have standard 6 spoke 18" baskets, which dd actually used on this generation z. I do not think these soft parts are going to be better than stock.

You don't seem to understand that i either get these soft parts or i don't. If i chose not to get them, i get nothing. If i do get them, i got what i had originally paid for. if it bothers you that much that i'm using tantric softparts, buy me dd recones and i'll build the proper box to dd specs.

If not, quit your bitching. Thank you.
amen!!!

That is my goal. That's why I was confused as to why you wanted to argue with me. I don't see any better motors I could use for that. No, I'm not using them for their intended purpose. Yes I think the high motor force is what I'm looking for. Box is just a bit bigger than DD specs. Two cubes extra per sub, and I've probably eaten up more than I think with bracing. Also, I haven't taken the sub motor and basket displacement into account.
I have owned a Sunown X and was not impressed. I was far more impressed with my Z, but it's apples to oranges.

This is primarily intended to be a low end demo monster. I've never metered, so I don't know how difficult that goal is. As long as I can play 20-40hz loud I'm happy.

I don't think I'll get any more x-max with these soft parts. That was back when I was choosing between the old 12 spoke 12" frames with 8" spiders and the Ti 12" frames with 12" spiders.

Now I have standard 6 spoke 18" baskets, which DD actually used on this generation Z. I do not think these soft parts are going to be better than stock.

You don't seem to understand that I either get these soft parts or I don't. If I chose not to get them, I get nothing. If I do get them, I got what I had originally paid for. If it bothers you THAT MUCH that I'm using Tantric softparts, buy me DD recones and I'll build the proper box to DD specs.

If not, QUIT YOUR BITCHING. Thank you.
High motor force makes for low Q, but as you say if you only want to play with in a 15-20hz bandwidth that's not an issue. It becomes an issue if you think you're going to get response like a home theater type sub tuned low.... you will not.

When you get sick of waiting for those parts, do yourself a favor and just call DD.

Oh, and if you don't want your "build" thread to turn into a shitstorm try actually completing the build then posting everything, or completing the build in a shorter time frame. Slow build threads invariably get cluttered even if it's only with compliments or nut huggery.

High motor force makes for low Q, but as you say if you only want to play with in a 15-20hz bandwidth that's not an issue. It becomes an issue if you think you're going to get response like a home theater type sub tuned low.... you will not.
When you get sick of waiting for those parts, do yourself a favor and just call DD.

Oh, and if you don't want your "build" thread to turn into a shitstorm try actually completing the build then posting everything, or completing the build in a shorter time frame. Slow build threads invariably get cluttered even if it's only with compliments or nut huggery.
I like it when people have long build logs that are detailed, so I tried to do that and document everything this time.

My last three build logs turned out like this or worse. My first and second build logs I posted all at once after everything was done. Still got shit on.

My last three build logs turned out like this or worse. My first and second build logs I posted all at once after everything was done. Still got shit on.

LOL. Well it must be the rest of the forum that's the problem... I mean that's the only common thread here right?

Funny how kids are trying to tell hispl how this all works lol
Funny how you feel the need to share that you think it's funny, lol

LOL. Well it must be the rest of the forum that's the problem... I mean that's the only common thread here right?
You realize that the last couple threads are filled with your poasts, right?

You realize that the last couple threads are filled with your poasts, right?
It's not just me, and those of us that are commenting on things that you're trying to do are just trying to help you learn from our mistakes and experience. Obviously you're a trial by fire kind of guy so do what you like, but be aware not every build log turns into this kind of mess, why do you think that is? Some giant conspiracy against you?

It's not just me, and those of us that are commenting on things that you're trying to do are just trying to help you learn from our mistakes and experience. Obviously you're a trial by fire kind of guy so do what you like, but be aware not every build log turns into this kind of mess, why do you think that is? Some giant conspiracy against you?
You're right, it's not just you.

No, it's not a conspiracy. It may be because I'm an ass sometimes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.