Rattling sub help please I am screwed!

jrmax
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
oklahoma
I have never turned my sub up past half volume and now the other day at 3/8s volume it started making this ticking noise and at first i thought i rattled my hatch hydrolic loose but it is the sub I am sure of it only when it goes deep it will make a rattle what the hell is it and what can I do about it?

Wait a minute that is the best you can do can you tell me why it happened how to check it or anything helpful?

What does the rattling sound like( like metal clicking, maybe an air leak?) Or maybe there is something loose in the box, like a connector fell off or something //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I would think that the voice coil is maybe broken and has a little edge sticking out at the bottom, and you say it rattles when it hits hard and low, therefore a lot of excursion, so maybe this little edge is bottoming out?? Just a thought, maybe get a new Type-R? (I know, that hurts:( ) Or it could be just an ever elusive screw or something that you can't see, I know I fought a small rattle for a while, especially when it hit hard, and I found out it was a screw under my dash that was just a bit loose, so you might wanna check that too:banghead:

So is there anything I can do I took my box out of my car to take the sub out havent done it yet what do I look for if it is a fried coil. Plus I bought it off carstereotime.com and installed it not a month ago and ran about rms and never over half volume so how do I get a warranty do I have to send it to the factory since those asses wont even send me the other sub I sent them to replace with a six inch hole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow man doesn't sound good. I remember I had this problem as well, most likely a blown voice coil. My first box wasn't the right size and I blew my Sub like 2 times. I know the sound you're talking about (its horrible). Good luck...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.