L5 vs L7

Participant count
  • Participant list

K-Diggy
10+ year member

Indiana
Can some tell me, in plain english (a little jargon is OK //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif ), preferably with personal knowledge if the L7s are worth the money over the L5s?

I have a 600 watt max amp right now, and I want the L7, but the price is a problem. Would someone like me, who isn't going to go to any competitions, just wants his car to bump and sound good, notice much of a difference??

Thanks!!

Diggy

the l5 is a more efficiant sub that doesnt have a cast basket or a titanium "laced "or sprayed cone. as far as im concerned if you dont have a big amp they are just as good as a l7....in about 3 weeks i will be able to give you more feed back as my system will be almost done

also mark eldridge told me about the samething....the cone of an l5 is pretty **** ridgid to begin with and i have never seen a woofer bend a basket........that wasnt dropped....

i have a similar problem with the 12'' L5 and L7's. Im getting a JBL 1200.1 amp. Will this provide enough power for the12'' L7's or am I stuck with the 12'' L5's? Plus has anyone listened to 12'' L5's goin? How did they sound if so? Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

K-Diggy

10+ year member
K-Diggy
Indiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from