Subwoofer Makes a rattling noise at higher volumes and sometimes at lower volumes

Memme

CarAudio.com Recruit
Sweden
I have 2 Deaf bounce MF-10S Dual 4 ohm wired to 1 ohm and my subwoofers makes rattling noise at higher volumes sometimes at lower volume and sometimes they work perfectly fine i have also noticed that my second amplifier for my speaker when the bass hits the protecting light flashes red anyone know what it could be?

I havent heard anything abnormal when i push on them

Last edited:
Are you sure that it is the subwoofers and not the box? A rattling box can sound almost exactly like a bad sub.
Im pretty its not the box because when im idling and not playing music the subwoofer makes these small popping noise sometimes like something is loose and the speaker ammplifier turns purple and when thurn the volume up the protection lights turns blue again

Have you checked the wires on the subs...something might be loose...the second amp going into protect might be voltage drop...

Have you checked the wires on the subs...something might be loose...the second amp going into protect might be voltage drop...
The speaker amplifier doesnt go in protect but when the subwoofer bass hits the protectipn light flashes red like it wants to go into protect. if you watch the video you can see the silver amplifier protection light

Attachments

• Subwoofer.mp4
    1.1 MB
Im pretty its not the box because when im idling and not playing music the subwoofer makes these small popping noise sometimes like something is loose and the speaker ammplifier turns purple and when thurn the volume up the protection lights turns blue again

Are you using an auto turn on? or a dedicated switched remote turn on? this sounds like the behavior of an auto turn on circuit causing the amp to power on cause of a dirty signal and your subs pop cause it has a turn on pop cause you have the gain set to high which would also cause the protect light to change when playing

Are you using an auto turn on? or a dedicated switched remote turn on? this sounds like the behavior of an auto turn on circuit causing the amp to power on cause of a dirty signal and your subs pop cause it has a turn on pop cause you have the gain set to high which would also cause the protect light to change when playing
I have just solder the remote wire to the stereo the gain is set at 1/5
In this video you actually hear the subwoofer rattling

Attachments

• Subwoofer2.mp4
    1.1 MB
Last edited:
Leaky enclosures will make an intermittent rattling sound, especially at high volume. The most likely place for a leak is where the sub mounts to the baffle. Seams and terminal cups are also common culprits.

Play the subs and check the enclosure for air leaks
i have measure the voltage the subwoofer amplifier is at 10V-11V and the speaker amplifier is also at 10V-11V but i find weird because a while ago the speaker amplifier was at 11.5V-12.5V but the thing i dont get is the subwoofer amplifier has been at 10V-11V all the time but they still worked fine maybe its the rca cable because one time the subwoofers just stoped playing for a second

Last edited:
That's low enough that things will power off. I'm surprised your head unit hasn't shut off yet.

You need to sort out your electrical system ASAP.
I want to buy another big battery or 2 small ones for my car audio maybe a bigger alternator.
My friend told me to try and buy thicker cables

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...