Sundown sa15 rattling sound

Participant count
  • Participants list
Okay for sure. Going to a baseball game tomorrow, afterwards I think I’m going to tear one of them down so I can still have some bass.
I know the one I teardown first will have catastrophic damage, I’m debating on obliterating it before I tear it down, just run the one with no subsonic filter free air at full power and 25 hz just to watch it go, but that wouldn’t be useful to see what’s causing the rattling so I probably won’t

Atrend make some Shittty boxes. I bought a single under the seat down fire ported enclosure from them that was supposed to be tuned to 36HTZ and fit an Audiotechnix 12. I got it and it seemed to be tuned to close to 40-45 htz and I had to rebuild the end cap due to the depth that wasnt as specified by specs and was off approx. 1.5" to have the magnet clearance with at least 1/2" from the bottom.It was damaged upon arrival. I contacted them and they said that I needed to leave a 5 star review before taking care of my situation and that it wouldnt be easy for me to get good service and shipments in the future. I told them to goFk themselves
Sounds like my radiator situation. "Register it to activate warranty. Oh, and you have to leave a review to register it." Well how do I leave a review before I try it?

Sounds like my radiator situation. "Register it to activate warranty. Oh, and you have to leave a review to register it." Well how do I leave a review before I try it?
I hope this thread isn’t dead, I have one more question/update.
So, I ended up pulling the box out and putting some screws thra couple of the corners I was worried about, and it fixed a different noise, they still rattle.
yardsale has a really good deal on the u15s, would 1 u15 in a proper box on 1500 outperform the 2 sa15s, on their last leg and one in an improper box on about 2500 watts?Or am I better off getting a gpaudio box that’ll be perfect for the u15s and run the current subs in them for about the same price, up until I can upgrade to u15s?

Edit: spelling

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...