Possibly starting my own line of woofers...

Very low Q on those. I would think a coil with that much MMS would have to hold more than 800W thermal power, no? 3" or 2.5?

Anyway, I don't suppose you have a Shocker Neo sig motor laying around for sale do you? I'm in the market for one more and I know you have some rare TC built goodies hidden away.

Very low Q on those. I would think a coil with that much MMS would have to hold more than 800W thermal power, no? 3" or 2.5?
Anyway, I don't suppose you have a Shocker Neo sig motor laying around for sale do you? I'm in the market for one more and I know you have some rare TC built goodies hidden away.
2.5 65mm ww copper, thick cone too, but thats less mms than alot of 12's out, and more bl than 85% of subs on the market (stronger than an lms ultra), and this one has more Sd than average, cutout will be close to 11.5"

2.5 65mm ww copper, thick cone too, but thats less mms than alot of 12's out, and more bl than 85% of subs on the market (stronger than an lms ultra), and this one has more Sd than average, cutout will be close to 11.5"
Definitely a huge BL. How tight is the gap?

No neo motor for me? Don't be greedy if you have one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Very low Q on those.
Idea on that is to raise BL, Sens, and Transience as well as give it a dip in response to counter the spike created by Le so it plays flatter and more naturally with little to no eq. (something few places take into consideration) You can count on 1dB of spike near 2x Fs per 1mH of le, this sub has an le of 3.7, so in optimum enclosure it has 3.04dB of loss near the le spike freq's. Should be able to stay within .5dB of flat (except on nodes) from 30 to 70(maybe higher) Given it wont feel or sound like it thanks to its large Vas once port volume becomes charged and should allow some pull in the bottom octaves as well to ease the burden on the system to achieve tactility below 40Hz and give it an audibly flat response. At least thats my goal and I have had killer results with this theory with my current single low Q 8" setup.

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

I'm off to bed, night folks.

Idea on that is to raise BL, Sens, and Transience as well as give it a dip in response to counter the spike created by Le so it plays flatter and more naturally with little to no eq. (something few places take into consideration) You can count on 1dB of spike near 2x Fs per 1mH of le, this sub has an le of 3.7, so in optimum enclosure it has 3.04dB of loss near the le spike freq's. Should be able to stay within .5dB of flat (except on nodes) from 30 to 70(maybe higher) Given it wont feel or sound like it thanks to its large Vas once port volume becomes charged and should allow some pull in the bottom octaves as well to ease the burden on the system to achieve tactility below 40Hz and give it an audibly flat response. At least thats my goal and I have had killer results with this theory with my current single low Q 8" setup. 

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

I'm off to bed, night folks.
My brain just melted.

Oh but subs look great FYI

When are the first ones expected?
Build time to delivery is 45days, Still in delegation with the company, have already contacted them this am, their shipping quote was way more than expected so I'm now trying to see why and if there's a way to offset the raise in my cost.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

The look is interesting. Very straight forward, but functional. If you stare at it...it grows on you a bit lol...
Everything except that mesh lol

Build time to delivery is 45days, Still in delegation with the company, have already contacted them this am, their shipping quote was way more than expected so I'm now trying to see why and if there's a way to offset the raise in my cost. 

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Everything except that mesh lol
lol Yea, that mesh is meh a bit...seems flashy for the rest of it... maybe do it in black?

Contact with them is slow, One email a day at this point, usually 9:30am our time... So maybe tomorrow I will have a total to give everyone.

lol Yea, that mesh is meh a bit...seems flashy for the rest of it... maybe do it in black?
I pondered the same thing, but think best option is to remove it completely, I like unobstructed views of the coils in woofers

I pondered the same thing, but think best option is to remove it completely, I like unobstructed views of the coils in woofers
Isn't the mesh somewhat functional to keep debris out of the gap? Not like I feel that having mesh has ever saved a woofer for me (or not having it has killed one), but isn't that the theory?

Also I notice you're dodging the neo motor question.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif just saying, buddy, if you want to raise a little dough to help with freight on these, I can always come up with cash for one.

Isn't the mesh somewhat functional to keep debris out of the gap? Not like I feel that having mesh has ever saved a woofer for me (or not having it has killed one), but isn't that the theory?
Also I notice you're dodging the neo motor question.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif just saying, buddy, if you want to raise a little dough to help with freight on these, I can always come up with cash for one.
I didnt see a neo motor question??? And the cost of neo is more than the reduction of weight shipping cost change, and they are already pretty light @ just over 19lbs. The mesh was a theory, but open pole vents kinda makes the mesh pointless since debris can enter the pole vent and get inside the coil lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.