Please help with w7 10” box design

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
Apr 27, 2014
chicago
I just bought a used w7 in a ported box that actually sounds pretty good. Thing is it’s a bit punchy for my taste. The box is 14x15x17 and the port is maybe 2”. I usually like 2 c/ft for a 12 at about 32 to 34 hz so I’m thinking that either a longer box like 28” with a larger port maybe 3” might bring that less punchy and more soft deep bass I’m looking for. Can someone design one for me? My capabilities are 14w x15h x40 deep - please help, thanks - also, does this forum work on tapatalk 

Last edited by a moderator:

mestapho

Jun 30, 2018
Sac area ish, CA
I just bought a used w7 in a ported box that actually sounds pretty good. Thing is it’s a bit punchy for my taste. The box is 14x15x17 and the port is maybe 2”. I usually like 2 c/ft for a 12 at about 32 to 34 hz so I’m thinking that either a longer box like 28” with a larger port maybe 3” might bring that less punchy and more soft deep bass I’m looking for. Can someone design one for me? My capabilities are 14w x15h x40 deep - please help, thanks - also, does this forum work on tapatalk 
What face do you want the sub and port on and what amp will be pushing it?

OP
mrpep

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
Apr 27, 2014
chicago
What face do you want the sub and port on and what amp will be pushing it?
It should face the sides or top, it’s going into a Yukon and will be sandwiched  behind a 3rd row bench and the hatch door. I have a alpine 1000 rms monoblock , 4 gage ofc, secondary battery, pioneer HU. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds