Please help with w7 10” box design

Participant count
  • Participants list

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
chicago
I just bought a used w7 in a ported box that actually sounds pretty good. Thing is it’s a bit punchy for my taste. The box is 14x15x17 and the port is maybe 2”. I usually like 2 c/ft for a 12 at about 32 to 34 hz so I’m thinking that either a longer box like 28” with a larger port maybe 3” might bring that less punchy and more soft deep bass I’m looking for. Can someone design one for me? My capabilities are 14w x15h x40 deep - please help, thanks - also, does this forum work on tapatalk 

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought a used w7 in a ported box that actually sounds pretty good. Thing is it’s a bit punchy for my taste. The box is 14x15x17 and the port is maybe 2”. I usually like 2 c/ft for a 12 at about 32 to 34 hz so I’m thinking that either a longer box like 28” with a larger port maybe 3” might bring that less punchy and more soft deep bass I’m looking for. Can someone design one for me? My capabilities are 14w x15h x40 deep - please help, thanks - also, does this forum work on tapatalk 
What face do you want the sub and port on and what amp will be pushing it?

What face do you want the sub and port on and what amp will be pushing it?
It should face the sides or top, it’s going into a Yukon and will be sandwiched  behind a 3rd row bench and the hatch door. I have a alpine 1000 rms monoblock , 4 gage ofc, secondary battery, pioneer HU. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.