Enclosure Design Software Recommendation for Bandpass? What do you use?

Participant count
  • Participant list

vernors

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi,

I've got WinISD but it was pointed out to me that it doesn't include a calculation for cabin gain which greatly changes the characteristic of the actual sub output in real world use. The person was kind enough to run a model using Bass Box Pro, which is $150 or $80, depending on version, to purchase.

Does anyone know of a user friendly, free subwoofer enclosure software that includes cabin gain modeling? I'm just building the box for myself and probably won't be re-using the software....and prefer not to spend $80 for a one time.

Thanks.

You can add a "linkwitz-transform" filter... @ 50hz and 15hz is what I use in Winisd....  .707 in the "Q" values... its not super accurate but with experience it will approximate cabin gain in a way that can be useful to someone who is experienced. 

Better than guessing Imo... and shows lower frequency  gain  and peak shift in cabin to an extent.

That 46-47hz tune Kush recommended will probably play low just fine but tuning lower (41hz) will cause loss of output so be careful.

A single 4" port probably wont be enough area as well.

I really cant recall all the deets but that higher tune probably will work out better than 41hz

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.