Pioneer Sonic Center Control and Sound Retriever

Participant count
  • Participant list
Yea, al already put the tweets on a passive set at 3.5. I just didnt at first, adding the passive crossovers was a loose end afterf a 20 hour install.. So i ran them at 400hZ. But idk, depending on the song or whether the quality is good, itll crackle. 90% of songs it wont though. Still thinik idamagved the tweet. Using fader helps alottho than k god.
P.S.

When using fader, your lowering gain? I didnt know wheteher it was volume or db...
Using the fader lowers voltage through the channel you're fading away from. That's probably why the eq adjustments aren't helping even with your gains at minimum. I'm guessing you cooked your tweeters by playing frequencies they couldn't support. Consider getting those replaced soon.

The reason I ask.....Because i noticed the only thing that stops the noise is reducing volume, which made me think that fading to the rear lowered the volume rather than reduce db's.

Amp gain or eq wont stop it.

Reason im thinking theres a diff in volume and db is because I can back off the volume and the noise stops, but i can go into my HU's eq and lower every band to minimum and you will still hear distortion from the tweets. So sinse fading to the rear clears the noise, im thinking its reducing volume to the tweets.

And i dont think my HU is clipping because its at certain parts of certain songs. 90% of other songs, no distortion.

My amp isnt clipping because the gain was at zero.
Have you set your gains with a DMM? The gains on your amp shouldnt be at zero. If you want to do a quick check on your tweeters, you might just go to best buy or whatever you have around you, buy a cheap pair of components, hook up the tweeters, see if they sound right, and then return the speakers. At least you'll know what's happening. Pay cash, so that you get cash back when you return.

Using the fader lowers voltage through the channel you're fading away from. That's probably why the eq adjustments aren't helping even with your gains at minimum. I'm guessing you cooked your tweeters by playing frequencies they couldn't support. Consider getting those replaced soon.
I think so too. So it reduces voltage/gain. This is nice to know.. Replacing... Leads me to another question.

Been thinking about changing to components up front. Think I should replace the front 6x9s and tweets with a component set. Heard components are way better than coax, and my 6x9s are coax.

(Mentioned it in another thread but nobody has said anything of it)

And sjv13, I havnt used a dmm, im just being conservative with them at this point. I have the gains up some actually.

I think so too. So it reduces voltage/gain. This is nice to know.. Replacing... Leads me to another question.Been thinking about changing to components up front. Think I should replace the front 6x9s and tweets with a component set. Heard components are way better than coax, and my 6x9s are coax.

And sjv13, I havnt used a dmm, im just being conservative with them at this point. I have the gains up some actually.
Components are better than coax. Mainly because you can position the tweeters in better spots (i. e. not in the kick panel by your feet, but up somewhere closer to your ear, or bounce the sound off the windshield). Typically, they also can take more rms. But a big part is that most companies dont really make good coax speakers anymore, because they know the people buying them arent the audiophiles.

P.S. If you want to get my attention, you have to either quote me, or mention my name by doing @ sjv13 ; (without the spaces).

I think so too. So it reduces voltage/gain. This is nice to know.. Replacing... Leads me to another question.Been thinking about changing to components up front. Think I should replace the front 6x9s and tweets with a component set. Heard components are way better than coax, and my 6x9s are coax.

I would wholeheartedly recommend stepping up to a set of components. You can actually get the best of both worlds with a set of convertible components. Do you have a budget in mind? I'd like to think I can recommend things fairly well.

[quote name='neo_styles']I would wholeheartedly recommend stepping up to a set of components. You can actually get the best of both worlds with a set of convertible components. Do you have a budget in mind? I'd like to think I can recommend things fairly well.[/QUOTE]

Well, I have coax in the front, but also a pair of tweets in the dash, which i could move around. I only want to swap to components if the actual woofer is better for sq.
I was thinking about the Rockford t2s, but if there is a set somewhere at that price that is equal or better in sq id likke to hear.

@sjv13; Thx. My android is complicated using the web sometimes.

Thx for all the input. Ive learned alot since joining this forum. Its great.

[quote name='calebkhill']Well, I have coax in the front, but also a pair of tweets in the dash, which i could move around. I only want to swap to components if the actual woofer is better for sq.
I was thinking about the Rockford t2s, but if there is a set somewhere at that price that is equal or better in sq id likke to hear.

@sjv13; Thx. My android is complicated using the web sometimes.

Thx for all the input. Ive learned alot since joining this forum. Its great.[/QUOTE]

6x9s and SQ aren't normally associated with each other. My recommendation would be to remove the 6x9s and make a baffle out of MDF so you could mount a 6.5". There are better choices than that Rockford for sure, especially if you're willing to step you budget up a smidge. Under 200 bucks there's a plethora of solid comp choices like Focal Access, JBL MS, ID CTX, Massive CK6V, and CDT CL-61 for starters.

There are better choices than that Rockford for sure, especially if you're willing to step you budget up a smidge. Under 200 bucks there's a plethora of solid comp choices like Focal Access, JBL MS, ID CTX, Massive CK6V, and CDT CL-61 for starters.
Hmm.. Got a few links to the comps for those brands? And would the sq really be better than a pair of t2s you think? Rockford has me pretty confident but then again i dont have experince with alot of diff brands.

And how much to go up on the bujdget to get an amazing set of comps?

Hmm.. Got a few links to the comps for those brands? And would the sq really be better than a pair of t2s you think? Rockford has me pretty confident but then again i dont have experince with alot of diff brands.And how much to go up on the bujdget to get an amazing set of comps?
Yes, definitely. I have a video of me demoing the JBL comps since they're installed in my car. Here you go for those:

Hmm.. Got a few links to the comps for those brands? And would the sq really be better than a pair of t2s you think? Rockford has me pretty confident but then again i dont have experince with alot of diff brands.And how much to go up on the bujdget to get an amazing set of comps?
First you should see what the mounting depth is that you have to work with. I know for me, that played a big part in the speakers I got, because I have a pretty shallow space to mount them (2.3"). So that narrowed the playing field a lot for me.

@mylows10 ; can help you out if you choose to go CDT or Massive

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

[quote name='sjv13']First you should see what the mounting depth is that you have to work with. I know for me, that played a big part in the speakers I got, because I have a pretty shallow space to mount them (2.3"). So that narrowed the playing field a lot for me.[/QUOTE]

Did you ever think about using MDF rings to space out your speakers? That's what a lot of us end up doing to clear the back wall.

Did you ever think about using MDF rings to space out your speakers? That's what a lot of us end up doing to clear the back wall.
I dont know how. And I think I can go about 0.5-1" out more. Not really sure how much clearance I have until I hit the door panel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.