Pioneer Sonic Center Control and Sound Retriever

Participant count
  • Participant list
I compressed the foam when I laid it in a ring, so it looked all bunched up, then fitted the speaker over the foam while it was still expanding. Had to work quick to make it look that good lol. It doesn't want to stay in place without pressure acting on it.
And I was talking about two layers deep in those gaps on the side.
Oh, ok. I see what you mean. Did your ccf have the adhesive strip on it too? I'm not sure I'll be able to find it in a wide enough size to fill the gap all the way. Also, where did you get the Audio Technix 60 mil? How much did you use? Do you like it? How much was it and was it worth it?

Oh, ok. I see what you mean. Did your ccf have the adhesive strip on it too? I'm not sure I'll be able to find it in a wide enough size to fill the gap all the way. Also, where did you get the Audio Technix 60 mil? How much did you use? Do you like it? How much was it and was it worth it?
That's why I was suggesting doing double layers and, yes, mine was the stuff that had adhesive on one side. Got the AT deadener in Coleman's giveaway, but it's available on his site/ebay and the price is more than fair IMHO. I had 10sq ft total and used all but one of the sheets on the doors and the remainder for under the rear passenger seats. Was intending to use it on the trunk, but the courtesy panel on my Passat is a PITA to work with.

That's why I was suggesting doing double layers and, yes, mine was the stuff that had adhesive on one side. Got the AT deadener in Coleman's giveaway, but it's available on his site/ebay and the price is more than fair IMHO. I had 10sq ft total and used all but one of the sheets on the doors and the remainder for under the rear passenger seats. Was intending to use it on the trunk, but the courtesy panel on my Passat is a PITA to work with.
Link? I dont know coleman.

Nope. Just hands and the butt end of my utility knife. This stuff is ridiculously easy to apply.
Oh that's awesome. Any experience with his 1/0 gauge wire, or heard anything about it? I need about 45ft.

Not his, but I loved KnuKonceptz' 0ga CCA. The stuff is less than 2 bucks a foot and CRAZY flexible. It makes the 4ga GME I have as power wire right now look like a wimpy steel rod. Waiting on some AT 4ga OFC for comparison.

Not his, but I loved KnuKonceptz' 0ga CCA. The stuff is less than 2 bucks a foot and CRAZY flexible. It makes the 4ga GME I have as power wire right now look like a wimpy steel rod. Waiting on some AT 4ga OFC for comparison.
You used the CCA? Interesting. Thought you'd use OFC :p

I need it for:

1) Big 3

2) Battery in front to distribution block in back

3) Block to sub amp

4) Sub amp to ground

EDIT: Not for the amp I have now. I want to add another type-r, so I'd get an aq2200 or something like that. Used maybe.

You used the CCA? Interesting. Thought you'd use OFC :p
I need it for:

1) Big 3

2) Battery in front to distribution block in back

3) Block to sub amp

4) Sub amp to ground
For the short lengths I'm running, CCA works fine. Only downsides it has to OFC is it gets hotter and has 30 fewer amps of current draw. I can live with that. I'll keep you posted with my dealings with AT as far as timeliness is concerned, but Knu was super-fast and definitely top-notch quality. Just make sure you get ring terminals for the 0ga as it is DEFINITELY oversized and won't fit in most standard fittings for 0ga

For the short lengths I'm running, CCA works fine. Only downsides it has to OFC is it gets hotter and has 30 fewer amps of current draw. I can live with that. I'll keep you posted with my dealings with AT as far as timeliness is concerned, but Knu was super-fast and definitely top-notch quality. Just make sure you get ring terminals for the 0ga as it is DEFINITELY oversized and won't fit in most standard fittings for 0ga
Ok. Well the only ring terminal I need is for hooking it to the battery right?

And about fuses... What amp fuse should I put by the battery? And the block I have is one 1/0ga in ---> two 4ga out. Each side is fused independently. I'll need to trim the 1/0ga that goes out to the sub amp or get a gauge reducer. What size fuse should go on the 1/0 ---> sub side? and what size fuse should go on the 1/0 ---> 4channel side (using 4ga).

EDIT: This is the block I have: http://www.dblink.net/detail.php?id=NANLFB02&product=Dual%20Position%20ANL%20Power%20Distribution%20Block&series=Nickle%20Power%20Fuse%20Blocks&kind=Power%20Blocks&series_more=Anl%20Fuse%20Holder

i deal with coleman a lot ,cuz i'm one of his dealers as well ,the cca wire is very nice for what it is and the deadener is top notch .if you cant get a hold of him then you can get what ever you need thru me.i also sell big 3 kits complete ,just have to bolt them up .

i deal with coleman a lot ,cuz i'm one of his dealers as well ,the cca wire is very nice for what it is and the deadener is top notch .if you cant get a hold of him then you can get what ever you need thru me.i also sell big 3 kits complete ,just have to bolt them up .
How much better is the silver tinned copper wire than the CCA? And how much worse is is than the OFC? It's just a mix of 30% ofc and 70% cca, right?

Maybe you can ask him about my order then. It was placed on the 28th and I haven't received any shipping notification or confirmation from him that payment was received.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.