PD931NB Head Unit (video question)

Participant count
  • Participant list

TravG

Canada
Hey all, I am looking at replacing my old head unit with a more modern flashy one. The unit that appealed to me was the PD931NB. I couldn't find anything bad about it and it appears to do what I want. (For under $300 CAN shipped)

poweracoustik.com/pa2012/source-units-PD-931NB

The only thing I can't figure out is if I can plug my PS2 Slim into this screen. It says it has a "Front A/V Aux Input" but a PS2 has RCA out.

Do I need a cable that is red,white,yellow female to 1/8" aux?

If it can't be done then I will look for other options, I'm open to any suggestions

ok.. what exactly makes it garbage? I haven't read any bad reviews of this unit. The main reason for me to choose this unit is the size of the screen, a smaller screen ie: 5.8" is fine for most media but I want something descent in size so I don't have to strain to see whats going on while playing my PS2

Well... I have experience with several power acoustic products, planet audio, boss, etc. The cheap stuff. The reason they get good reviews is because those people have never spent the time to hear a good system and don't want to put the cash out for it. Ultimately it's up to you. The interface on that exact unit was sluggish, ipod functionality was terrible (it never played the song name in the id3 tag, it played the name given by the computer 48859tiie.mp3 or whatever they are named. The fan, after about 4 months started making a loud buzzing noise. Not good. The seller did a refund 4 months later though. I ultimately settled on the Pioneer 80prs, and a touchscreen monitor hooked up to a computer running windows 8. It cost more, but well worth it.

If I were to settle on anything with a built in screen, it would be the pioneer. The interface is excellent, screen is great, etc. You can always get visor screens down the road for less than a 100 each and run the pioneer to those too with video out.

OK thanks for taking the time to elaborate a little more, The only thing im left wondering about is the A/V Aux, how does that work? do I have to choose a deck with RCA Input specifically to plug in a game console or is there a way to hook a console to A/V Aux

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.