People actually buy EMF?

I will reply to this thread this one time, and once only. It should clear up any confusion and address some key points.

Sean is a huge douche that will tell someone what he sells is the best ever. There is nothing about his subs that make them any different than every other sub in its class. If you think there is please share, I'm all ears.
Document where at any time I've said what I sell is "the best ever". No different than every other sub in it's class? Name 3 other subs that have 50 mm xmax one way (that's 4" peak to peak) that is a 4" coil. 3 should be easy because they're all the same, right? Better yet, name 1. I can name 1, and the Ermagerd came out well before it did. Does any other sub have 16 tinsel leads? Nope. Does it have dual inputs per polarity per coil? Nope.

The EMF Ermagerd is an inefficient POS. Drop in it lost to: Sundown Nightshade V2, FI BTL N3, SHOK TSX, Rockford TRF with tantric soft parts, and another one I cant remember. This is all in a daily/spl build. Same impedances, same power.
Oh and it got stinky faster than all but the Nightshade.

NOT worth the money at all.

Yolo, I think we all know what that is a copy of.
Of course it's inefficient, at no point in time was it ever claimed to be efficient. Now why wouldn't I make it efficient? Are you familiar with Hoffman's Iron Law? I'm guessing you aren't because if you were you wouldn't have made such an ignorant statement. So you did some drop in swap testing, cool. Now why did you do a drop in swap between other subs that aren't in the same class and also don't have near the same box requirement? I can gaurentee you the box you had it in was wrong, it didn't have enough volume or port area. I'm not even worried about seeing any proof that the swap actually happened (I have my doubts). You say it got stinky but did it blow? Was it new? Was it damaged after "getting stinky"? If it was fine after whatever you put on it, what does it matter? Furthermore, they'll do that when you clip them. It looks like you already had an idea in your head before you played it so why wouldn't you drive it into clipping to have something else to complain about?

Now tell me, what IS the YOLO a copy of exactly?

10484443_870221206321316_7645492836986095196_o.jpg

If it's a copy, why does it cost $2,000 less? Is DD giving you an **** fisting when you buy a Z or is it not a copy? Why can't you take Z soft parts and use them on a YOLO motor? Is it because the coil won't fit? I mean, if it was a copy, you could do that, right? So to summarize, it doesn't look the same, parts don't fit, and costs 1/3 of the price. So how is it a copy?

What makes it the God of woofers? Enlighten us all. 

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

It's already been proven to fail.
Where was it proven to fail? There seems to be more proof they don't. People that have them are happy with them, they don't come back for warranty claims, and every direct swap I'm aware of from people who bought them said they gained in both output and sound quality. Prime example with Noah's Trailblazer. He gained 2 dB and said it sounds WAY better, he swapped DC Level 6's to Ermagerd's, same power. Isn't the LVL 6 supposed to be "in the same class"?

Say someone on the forum is a douche and they're selling some good subs for a little more money than you want to pay. Do you really want to deal with buying the subs from them?
How was customer service? I don't like the fact that they don't put t/s parameters on their site. Here's a quote:

"We will not list theile-small parameters for 2 reasons. First, being built specifically for you, specs will change from sub to sub. Secondly, those parameters are often used to compare performance of one sub to another when the specs are not properly understood so inaccurate comparisons are made. Furthermore enclosure simulation software can be extremely misleading and make very inaccurate recommendations."

Umm.. really? Both reasons he gave are stupid

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

I'm not on SMD. Its gay
As stupid as the reason may be, they're true. I'm sorry the truth doesn't make you happy. But since you bring up not listing t/s parameters and it's a big deal, allow me to point out a few other things.

Does it seem kind of wrong to call out EMF for not listing it and not passing judgement on the other companies that don't either? Bottom line is we're honest about why, and on the YOLO line there are many variables in how it's built which would give different parameters. They are built to your purpose, so there is no "standard" configuration on the SPL version, the musical one has a standard configuration but can still have variables.

The YOLOs are an alibaba sub, same thing as the Tantric UHD proto they never made a production run of... If they outperform your DDZ I would be EXTREMELY surprised.
Show me the sub on Alibaba. I'll give you a hint, they won't be on there, because the only part you THINK you saw on Alibaba is the motor. You mean to tell me the motor is what makes the sub? Why do subs have any other parts then? I can give you the specs on a DD Z 15 (funny how I have them and they don't publish them) and the specs on one variation of the YOLO 15, and on paper the YOLO outperforms it. Is "on paper" always right? No, but good luck finding somebody with a Z willing to do a swap. Lately it looks like there are more people running YOLO's than Z's.

I'm looking for 12" d1 specs. I'm interested in BL of the YOLO and Ermagerd series. If they truly are better, I'd like to see specs.
This is why specs aren't listed. BL isn't the only spec that matters, and you'd probably compare BL of different impedance subs. The same sub with different impedance coils will have different BL numbers, the lower the impedance, the lower the BL. If you take the BL number and divide by the Re number, you will find you end up with roughly the same figure for the same sub. THAT is what matters in terms of comparing strength. But again, strength isn't the only factor. Inductance plays a huge roll as well. An example of this is comparing the Ermagerd and DC Level 6. The Level 6 has a higher BL number, so it should be louder right? Nope! The Level 6 also has quadruple the inductance, that motor force can't overcome the inductance.

They aren't
This is based on what? No experience, logic, or understanding?

I guess you won't take it since I will never own one. There will be a time when you can see though BS, it took me a few years to do so. I hope you learn faster than I did.
And Blake the tool. Here it is before the M4, 80prs, beauty panels, suede wrap.. Before it was parted out and sold to a very pissed off dealer once he dug into it. You can look at some of the old vids to see where it came from.

Show everybody where you can buy those motors (that you think are the same) for $200, please. Then they will see what you're referring to is $280, not $200, and while you're at it, go ahead and contact them and say you want one and you need a shipping quote. Suddenly that $280 motor (again not $200) turns into a $530 motor because it's gonna be $250 to ship it. Don't believe me? Ask.

(continued in next post)

Gary's subs weren't stock parts? How do you know what stock parts are? Show everybody a pic of stock parts on an 18". If I built my own 15's with the same parts Gary did with his 18's, wouldn't that make them stock parts? How about Jay's stock parts? How about Rick's stock parts? You don't know what's stock parts to say they were or weren't stock parts. But then again, it's a DD copy so it's the same parts as theirs, right? I'm confused, is it a copy or not? How can a YOLO be had cheaper? Tell me exactly the details about the coils used, spiders used, and cone used. You should have that information if they can be had cheaper, if you don't know the parts used then it wouldn't be the same sub, would it? The bottom line is 4 people went to finals with YOLO's and 4 people put up the biggest numbers in their classes. They can't be too bad when they win classes and didn't fall apart doing it.

You definitely shouldn't buy Ermagerd's, mostly because they're sold out and you can't. If they're all around junk, why aren't they all for sale? Why did they sell out faster than anticipated? Why do people love them? Why do you give them so much attention? If they were so bad, I would have lost money from having to warranty all of them and would see that as a bad business decision and not continue on with a version 2.

While you guys are talking about EMF stuff you have no experience with or knowledge about, talk about the new SWAG 6.5's. EMF Audio SWAG 6.5" coaxial - EMF Car Audio formerly Sundown Only I could use the extra advertising and every time people talk **** I sell more stuff. I'm glad I could give forum people something to talk about, I must be doing something right for you to feel threatened.

Again, feel free to reply proving what I've asked you to prove for others reading (you can't be wrong, can you?), but I will not be viewing or replying to anything.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

There's supposed to be another post ahead of the short one, pending moderator approval, read it in order.

No one with Z's is willing to do a direct swap and see the difference? Send me a pair of YOLO 15s and we'll see how they stack up.

That Alibaba motor that we "think" is the same is the same. The only difference is that yours has EMF engraved in the side. That's not necessarily a bad thing as lots of things are on alibaba. You can't however try and claim your sub is unique when it's a motor that anyone can buy and others have already done so (ex: tantric)

Finally, if you're paying $3k for a Z your dealer is screwing you. You can't use MSRP as a comparison for prices, that's like saying a JBL MS-8 is worth $800 because that's MSRP when you can buy them from a dealer for $400.

Gary's subs weren't stock parts? How do you know what stock parts are? Show everybody a pic of stock parts on an 18". If I built my own 15's with the same parts Gary did with his 18's, wouldn't that make them stock parts? How about Jay's stock parts? How about Rick's stock parts? You don't know what's stock parts to say they were or weren't stock parts. But then again, it's a DD copy so it's the same parts as theirs, right? I'm confused, is it a copy or not? How can a YOLO be had cheaper? Tell me exactly the details about the coils used, spiders used, and cone used. You should have that information if they can be had cheaper, if you don't know the parts used then it wouldn't be the same sub, would it? The bottom line is 4 people went to finals with YOLO's and 4 people put up the biggest numbers in their classes. They can't be too bad when they win classes and didn't fall apart doing it.
You definitely shouldn't buy Ermagerd's, mostly because they're sold out and you can't. If they're all around junk, why aren't they all for sale? Why did they sell out faster than anticipated? Why do people love them? Why do you give them so much attention? If they were so bad, I would have lost money from having to warranty all of them and would see that as a bad business decision and not continue on with a version 2.

While you guys are talking about EMF stuff you have no experience with or knowledge about, talk about the new SWAG 6.5's. EMF Audio SWAG 6.5" coaxial - EMF Car Audio formerly Sundown Only I could use the extra advertising and every time people talk **** I sell more stuff. I'm glad I could give forum people something to talk about, I must be doing something right for you to feel threatened.

Again, feel free to reply proving what I've asked you to prove for others reading (you can't be wrong, can you?), but I will not be viewing or replying to anything.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

There's supposed to be another post ahead of the short one, pending moderator approval, read it in order.
To everyone else,

OohBurn.gif

To everyone else,
OohBurn.gif
Really , ?

First off I don't bash company's or owners , I don't have any problem with EMF audio, maybe greatest thing ever , I don't know , but this didn't explain or prove anything at all

Kough's truck and Gary's van are two of MECA 's best year in and year out and you couldn't have two better people representing your brand, and no offense to EMF but they were loud before the yolos

No one with Z's is willing to do a direct swap and see the difference? Send me a pair of YOLO 15s and we'll see how they stack up.
That Alibaba motor that we "think" is the same is the same. The only difference is that yours has EMF engraved in the side. That's not necessarily a bad thing as lots of things are on alibaba. You can't however try and claim your sub is unique when it's a motor that anyone can buy and others have already done so (ex: tantric)

Finally, if you're paying $3k for a Z your dealer is screwing you. You can't use MSRP as a comparison for prices, that's like saying a JBL MS-8 is worth $800 because that's MSRP when you can buy them from a dealer for $400.
I'd do a direct swap. I just don't want to be stuck with a product if it doesn't perform. I would have to sell it for a big loss on one of the forums

I see it just like Jacob does with making a new version every 2 weeks.
Perhaps stuff also doesn't change as ofter as you perceive it -- I simply share more information than almost any other company for even small tweaks & tunes that I make.

You know the SA-12 has been out since 2009 and has been pretty consistent with only small tweaks made over the years.

The Z v.4 is going on 2 years with only small tweaks before the Rev.2 motor (which is still compatible with all current Z v.4s), the Z v.3 is going on 4 years, the SA-8 v.2 went over 3 years in production before I made the v.3 model, the SD-2 series ran for over 3 years (SD-3 is coming out), the E series v.1 went 2 years, the v.2 is on 1.5 years right now and still available, the X series went 2 full years before the v.2 revision, the E8 v.3 ran for 2 years before the v.4 came out, etc, etc.

I guess I don't get the whole "Sundown stuff changes every 2 weeks..." mentality when most products will go 2+ years before a version change... and some, like the SA-12s, have been around for over 5 years with only progressive tweaks.

I will say this -- YES -- if I see somewhere to improve a product in it's lifespan without making it incompatible with current models & also fitting within the budget for production I will do it right away. Like when we made XL leads standard on almost everything a year or so ago, like when I tweaked & tuned the surround and cone bodies a bit over the years on the SA series, so on, and so forth.

I also won't just sit on a great new idea for years before releasing it... if I think my new idea is that much better then I will make it and offer the superior product as a new version as soon as I can. So, I guess, you think I should just keep a good idea in my pocket for 10 years before releasing something new ?

You sound like the tool that owns Skar.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.