Orion hcca 15", anyone else waiting?

Hcca>9515 IMO. What does the DD have that the hcca doesn't? The hcca has drop in Recones and is cheaper while handling the Same if not more power. Plus have you seen the price of a new 9515? Outrageous
direct connect leads

carbonfiber cone and/or cap if you want

dd has 6 voicecoil configurations, as the orion has 2

the dd has a sensitivity spec like 3x that of the orion, lol, might not matter all that much in the real world but its funny.(the new hcca anyways, darker cone)

smaller dimension wise.....easier to handle when installing.....takes up less space in the box=greater net volume in enclosure

DEFINITELY wont find one for 525 new though...used in good shape yea, but new hell naw.

i recently paid 380 local for my first used DD...a reconed 9515g and i could not be more ecstatic about the output.

the 4" coil and drop in recones are pretty ****** feature for the hcca though too.

you probly wont go wrong if you use any sub comparable to the hcca as it is a good sub.

i heard you cant mount the hcca inverted cause the basket would break.....is that true?

direct connect leadscarbonfiber cone and/or cap if you want

dd has 6 voicecoil configurations, as the orion has 2

the dd has a sensitivity spec like 3x that of the orion, lol, might not matter all that much in the real world but its funny.(the new hcca anyways, darker cone)

smaller dimension wise.....easier to handle when installing.....takes up less space in the box=greater net volume in enclosure

DEFINITELY wont find one for 525 new though...used in good shape yea, but new hell naw.

i recently paid 380 local for my first used DD...a reconed 9515g and i could not be more ecstatic about the output.

the 4" coil and drop in recones are pretty ****** feature for the hcca though too.

you probly wont go wrong if you use any sub comparable to the hcca as it is a good sub.

i heard you cant mount the hcca inverted cause the basket would break.....is that true?
True, however none of those features affect performance other than the efficiency, and that doesn't mean much when your playing with as much power as these subs demand. The hcca is more comparable to the z, and most ppl would need to sell their cars to get one of those.

I'll put my hcca up against any sub on the market spl wise. Anybody that tellsYou they are inferior to anything based on output alone is dead wrong.
Hcca>9515 IMO. What does the DD have that the hcca doesn't? The hcca has drop in Recones and is cheaper while handling the Same if not more power. Plus have you seen the price of a new 9515? Outrageous
Why would you say you'd put it up against any other woofer, then call out the DD on its price tag? The MSRP on that Orion isn't any better for what you're getting. It's not a bad sub, imo it can't touch the DD 9915. Power wise I highly doubt that Orion can handle more than the DD. If you threw it a burp at 6000w I doubt it'd take it the way a 9515 can.

If price doesn't matter, we could always compare it to the DD Z.

DD does not need drop in recones cause they don't blow after ever 3 burps like some orions I have seen. If u want numbers then DD hands down. Never seen orion in the winner circle for any class at the shows I have been to. DD was in more then half of them. Numbers don't lie. As u can see in my sig I dont run anything but DD tweets so no nut hugging here. My opp is based on what wins in the lanes.

Not big enough.Russ
not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg

Im gonna go with trolling. LMS-R and Axis both aren't big enough and can't compare to a Orion LOL. That and a 9515 is not that good of a sub Plzzzzz. Then blows off splaudio cmon for under $500 he could build a sub that would just molest that orion. But its he's choice hope he gets some drop in recones cause he will be needing them.

Im gonna go with trolling. LMS-R and Axis both aren't big enough and can't compare to a Orion LOL. That and a 9515 is not that good of a sub Plzzzzz. Then blows off splaidio cmon for under $500 he could build a sub that would just molest that orion. But its he's choice hope he gets some drop in recones cause he will be needing them.
the axis will kill the orion.....

ok guys DD is not god when it comes to subs the 9500 has a 4 layer coil which means it wont handle more than 2k with music all day...

for burps 4 layer is wanted because of the mass and it will handle 8k no problem for a sec or 2.

DD dose make nice subs but the arent 3-4000rms daily subs....

ok guys DD is not god when it comes to subs the 9500 has a 4 layer coil which means it wont handle more than 2k with music all day...for burps 4 layer is wanted because of the mass and it will handle 8k no problem for a sec or 2.

DD dose make nice subs but the arent 3-4000rms daily subs....
All I said was that if you want to put up the number then DD is the way to go. As far as the power rating got a friend that has a 9518g on a aq3500.1 wired at 1ohm so with rise and all I would bet the sub is seeing around 2500plus and its been going strong for **** near a year.

Spl can u build a sub that would rape a Orion for under $500?? I am willing to bet you can..

All I said was that if you want to put up the number then DD is the way to go. As far as the power rating got a friend that has a 9518g on a aq3500.1 wired at 1ohm so with rise and all I would bet the sub is seeing around 2500plus and its been going strong for **** near a year.
Spl can u build a sub that would rape a Orion for under $500?? I am willing to bet you can..
A 9515 can not handle as much power as an hcca. Not for

Any extended period of time anyway. You can throw

4k daily on an hcca and not Worry about it if your not an idiot. Heck if you actually research them most people

Say you need at least 3k to really get them to

Shine. I however don't have experience putting that much power to

One so I won't say it is fact just what Iv heard.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.