Orion HCCA3000.1DSPLX Power

I'm coming up with 3/0, minimum, 4/0 preferable. that's a LONG cable run.

Reducers 4/0 to 1/0:

Well you don't need 3 runs front to back. The 3 runs to the amp can be from the rear secondary battery.

My amps need 6 power and grounds. I have one 2/0 positive and one 2/0 ground from the alt running to the back. All the runs to the amps come from the rear battery.

Last edited:
Well you don't need 3 runs front to back. The 3 runs to the amp can be from the rear secondary battery.

My amps need 5 power and grounds. I have one 2/0 positive and one 2/0 ground from the alt running to the back. All the runs to the amps come from the rear battery.
So do you connect the wire from under the hood to the starting battery then run to the secondary battery?

I'm coming up with 3/0, minimum, 4/0 preferable. that's a LONG cable run.

Reducers 4/0 to 1/0:

I think the KnuKonceptz wire is probably the most reasonably priced I have seen so far. $162 for 18 feet 4/0.

Last edited:
Welding power wire is going to be a lot cheaper then that. 130 bucks for 18 feet. I would buy 30 feet of it and do the Big 3 now. That should have been done already.

And can come in a few colors as well. Stuff works great and will do exactly as what that KnuKonceptz will do and for cheaper.

I have the Excelene listed in the 2nd link and it is flexible and works awesome for a cheaper cost overall.

Last edited:
I think the KnuKonceptz wire is probably the most reasonably priced I have seen so far. $162 for 18 feet 4/0.
Agreed. the benefit is that you can order it by the foot. Most of the other products require a 25ft minimum. I run power and ground to the rear. I run a parallel ground with the 2 gauge to chassis in the rear also, no worries about adequate grounding that way. I mean if you exceed that 300 amps, an you could, need all the help you can get.

Last edited:
Welding power wire is going to be a lot cheaper then that. 130 bucks for 18 feet. I would buy 30 feet of it and do the Big 3 now. That should have been done already.

And can come in a few colors as well. Stuff works great and will do exactly as what that KnuKonceptz will do and for cheaper.

I have the Excelene listed in the 2nd link and it is flexible and works awesome for a cheaper cost overall.
Dang, that is about $2.25 a foot less than Knu - bookmarked!

So do you connect the wire from under the hood to the starting battery then run to the secondary battery?

That is correct. Upgrade all factory ground wires and charging wires. From the secondary battery you can do multiple runs to the amps or a run to a distro block and split it that way. If you use a grounding point in the back, make sure you test it! Use a multi meter one side connected to the battery under the hood and the other side to test the point you want to use for ground. If all points have too much resistance, you have to spend the money on another run for ground to the battery under the hood.

That's who I buy from too. Here is their ebay page:
Looks like they have different prices than their website. 1/0 was more, but 2/0 was less. I've been pretty happy with it. They also have several different colors to choose from. I know everyone uses black and red, but I didn't. I used Green and yellow to the amp, and black for the ground. This way, it's a little easier to identify, and guaranteed to never confuse vehicle cables for amp cables.

yeah for the big 3. If you go for a really large alt, (something over 300 amps), you're going to want more than 1/0 for your big 3. You can go as big as you want, and it just costs a little more.

Buddy used to work there and make that cable. I used to get it at his cost. Electron Beam does nice stuff. Not too far from where I lived for 25+ years. Seen that cable get made in person a couple times.

Eb flex is good
Looking at this cable it says the 4/0 has 2128 strands of wire. The Knukonceptz has over 10,000 strands. But both are '4/0'. So I'm thinking the Kolossus cable is just more flexible?

That is correct. Upgrade all factory ground wires and charging wires. From the secondary battery you can do multiple runs to the amps or a run to a distro block and split it that way. If you use a grounding point in the back, make sure you test it! Use a multi meter one side connected to the battery under the hood and the other side to test the point you want to use for ground. If all points have too much resistance, you have to spend the money on another run for ground to the battery under the hood.
What is an acceptable value for the resistance?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...