Orion HCCA pop/issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

metalheadjoe
10+ year member

Unapologetic prick
ND
My HCCA 5k makes the subs pop when I turn it on, turn it off, adjust the volume, or adjust the remote gain control. This includes when I turn the amp on/off via the deck or via the alpine tuneit app. Recently, the remote gain control knob stopped working to adjust gain, but still makes the subs pop at certain points. It looks like the subs are getting dc voltage by the way they stick out.

The amp requires a decent amount of work to access, so I'd like to know whether it is more likely a head unit issue, an amp issue, or an installation issue.

Thanks.
- Joe

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

Ive seen so many amps done this way over the years. Especially ones that had the Molex plugs and a couple others
I ran the Orion for about a year, then I bought the Taramps when I though the Orion broke. I found a knick in the Orion bass knob that was causing...
I have created a post with all related information regarding the build under this link: https://www.caraudio.com/threads/2000-camry-build.614208/
Yes, they do. As for the Taramps remote control, it is for use with the EQ they sell, not as a remote bass knob. They are not very sophisticated...

About this thread

metalheadjoe

10+ year member
Unapologetic prick
metalheadjoe
ND
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date