Not impressed with Sundown x-15v2, I hope its settings...Help and opinions needed

yeah i just use man eq to boost 10-16k for tweets +5
8D3oGj6.jpg

I don’t (+) anything on my head unit. 0’s across the board ��
your gain setting can be much lower for your amp if you actually get proper output voltage out of your sub out. Other than sub level, everything use, you only cut.

whats wrong with boosting tweets? i don't have amp on my mids/highs.. sounds good..
Try doing that when you have an amp to your tweeter. KABOOOM!!

ok remember this cause from now on i'll remind u every time u go off topic every day
You know what?... you are what you are... a parrot... fine... just know that this is what I picture when I think of you...

4fPIY6b.jpg

The self-proclaimed resident expert!

i dont like sundown but I do know hifonics and pioneer head units. He's not getting anywhere near proper output voltage. Sub level is not the same as bass boost. It affects the gain the same way as volume however its almost common knowledge that to get full clean pre-out voltage out of your sub RCA out, you need the sub level maxed out. If he does it right, he can back the gain down to 60% or so and still have full output depending his sub's actual rca output. as of now i doubt he's even seeing 2 volt preout off his head unit.
Could be. I don't really mess with lower tier head units and I've used a pre-amp for sub amps for a long time, but the conventional wisdom I was taught is that anything that's a + or "boost" on a head unit should be avoided. That said, my Kenwood stays at 0. It's a shame nobody does scope tests on head units on youtube like they do clamp videos. That would be very useful data.

Why must you insist that I'm after gaining 1.5dB?? Where did I say I was trying to do that? IS this topic about me or figuring out OP's situation/issue/problem?? I have no plans to swap subs anytime soon so you can quit that remark.
Oops. I'm wanting new amps, NOT new subs. I'm perfectly happy with what I have.
So you're not trying to get louder but you want a different amp. Gotcha.

Could be. I don't really mess with lower tier head units and I've used a pre-amp for sub amps for a long time, but the conventional wisdom I was taught is that anything that's a + or "boost" on a head unit should be avoided. That said, my Kenwood stays at 0. It's a shame nobody does scope tests on head units on youtube like they do clamp videos. That would be very useful data.

bare vids did scope tests to confirm it,

Also from my own testings with the sub level at zero and volume 62 on my 80 prs i'm at 3ish volt preout. 4.8 at +6 which is max

You know what?... you are what you are... a parrot... fine... just know that this is what I picture when I think of you...
4fPIY6b.jpg

The self-proclaimed resident expert!
#1 this is off topic #2 u the one that got on to me about talking about eq on a sub thread, what stereo related stuff are u talking about in in this and with your stupid pictures like u r a 10 yr old? so who's trying to be the monitor?

x2 on needing sub higher for max preout voltage

alpine is notorious for needing MAX sub level before it gets rated preout voltage.

op have you tried turning the gain up more?

can you hear distortion at all?

is your voltage steady?

Well..... Since I'm already balls deep I brought and 150 amp alternator (stock 65 now) and the Orion xtr extreme 2500.1d. (dyno tested so we can rule out the weak Hifonics). In a week or so after I get the amp I'll look into adding a 2nd battery. Then if I don't like it I'll sell the X and go another route!!!!!...... Post away lol

Well..... Since I'm already balls deep I brought and 150 amp alternator (stock 65 now) and the Orion xtr extreme 2500.1d. (dyno tested so we can rule out the weak Hifonics). In a week or so after I get the amp I'll look into adding a 2nd battery. Then if I don't like it I'll sell the X and go another route!!!!!...... Post away lol
whats your head unit model?

Getting louder takes $$.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.