Not impressed with Sundown x-15v2, I hope its settings...Help and opinions needed

So I finally got the box and wired it to 1 ohm. Everyone has good things to say about the V2 so I'm hoping its something other than the box or sub. Box is supposed to be tuned to 32hz. Amp is Hifonics Brutus 2400.1d(I know over rated), but just looking for it to do 1,500 rms. Not impressed at all. For a comparison its maybe a tad louder than my 2 HX2 fosgate 12s in a prefab box I had put in until by box was ready. CD player is a pioneer with all the different settings.... I was just thinking about replacing it with something a little more simple and just adjust the amp, but I'm not sure what to do at this point. I sold two Skar ddx 15s in a 4.5cube prefab box which was way to small and this single 15 in the right size box doesn't even compare.... What do I need to do?

What vehicle is it in? Might be the issue as its taking up a lot of your trunk....blocking the area where the sound goes into the cabin area. And could be settings on amp also.

What vehicle is it in? Might be the issue as its taking up a lot of your trunk....blocking the area where the sound goes into the cabin area. And could be settings on amp also.
74 caprice classic convertible....the 12s and the 15s where in the same car. This new box for the single 15 is close to the size of the box with the 2 skar 15s, so I don't think it's the trunk.

Your hx2 prefab box was probably tuned in the 40s so it might seem louder on the songs you’re maybe used to listening to?

Download some new songs and listen for notes you could never play with the 12s.

The box looks too big for airflow to move around it to pressurize the cabin or lack thereof since its a convertible. That's a horrible car to get decent bass in because the rear seats don't fold down and the top gets in the way when its down and isn't rigid enough for good spl when it's up. Also that sub is just being tickled by that Hifonics amp. A good 3k would get it moving.

What size is your xv2 15 box in? What’s the box specs? My guess is not enough power and gotta break in some of your box is fine. It’s a very impressive woofer.

So I finally got the box and wired it to 1 ohm. Everyone has good things to say about the V2 so I'm hoping its something other than the box or sub. Box is supposed to be tuned to 32hz. Amp is Hifonics Brutus 2400.1d(I know over rated), but just looking for it to do 1,500 rms. Not impressed at all. For a comparison its maybe a tad louder than my 2 HX2 fosgate 12s in a prefab box I had put in until by box was ready. CD player is a pioneer with all the different settings.... I was just thinking about replacing it with something a little more simple and just adjust the amp, but I'm not sure what to do at this point. I sold two Skar ddx 15s in a 4.5cube prefab box which was way to small and this single 15 in the right size box doesn't even compare.... What do I need to do?
Red... nice sub

Yellow... meh

Blue... it's still a ton of cone area

yeah thats a very beefy sub and will take time to break in so give it couple weeks (my subs take months cause i don't drive much) and yes if u have rear deck speakers i suggest u pull those out use holes as port as i did even though my seats fold down.. u may also have problem i think i have if even though my port is correct size for box but i don't think i have enough power for it u and i both may need smaller port and maybe tad smaller box.. my $75 pionner in prefab with tiny port did well cause it was over powered in small box but with large box and under 2k on that sub maybe port coulda been smaller may've helped.. if u playing rock music on it that's not gonna do much for u.. u need some techno re bassed type tracks to break sub in good.. and may just be the amp, if u have the wires for it get a twisted 1.8k or xtr 1500 (does 2100).. unless u wanta try another box but wait a week adjust some stuff 1st..

yeah thats a very beefy sub and will take time to break in so give it couple weeks (my subs take months cause i don't drive much) and yes if u have rear deck speakers i suggest u pull those out use holes as port as i did even though my seats fold down.. u may also have problem i think i have if even though my port is correct size for box but i don't think i have enough power for it u and i both may need smaller port and maybe tad smaller box.. my $75 pionner in prefab with tiny port did well cause it was over powered in small box but with large box and under 2k on that sub maybe port coulda been smaller may've helped.. if u playing rock music on it that's not gonna do much for u.. u need some techno re bassed type tracks to break sub in good.. and may just be the amp, if u have the wires for it get a twisted 1.8k or xtr 1500 (does 2100).. unless u wanta try another box but wait a week adjust some stuff 1st..

Get a 3K amp at least... that X will move then...

do you know the actual tuning frequency of the box? have you set the gains, subsonic, lpf, and bass boost on amp? one 1500w rms can only do so much.

maybe try a smaller box tuned to higher frequency. i like high 30s, even up to 40.

I'm 100% sure your gain is not set correctly and you are way undergained. Those BRX amps have very sh*t gain knobs, usually around 60-70% to do its full power even with a 5 volt pre-out from my head unit. Depending on your pioneer, you might be the same or need even higher gain settings to get max clean output out of that amp. Its a very sh*tty amp, I've ran two, yuck as fk dirty power and poor sound quality. 90% head unit volume, high sub level, no bass boost, no bass EQ, play your music, raise the gain until it stops getting louder and back it off a bit.

Here, try some re-bassed music that plays lows, if it slams hard on the super low notes compared to your normal music then your box is tuned waaaay too low for your preferences and you should probably raise the tuning to 36hz -38hz

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7LX5JEWBf1pZ3J1RDNPWlBVQnc

https://mega.nz/#F!gF5QybCD!7z3StybWFroibbxcDZxA4g!gUQmkTjJ

Its a very sh*tty amp, I've ran two, yuck as fk dirty power and poor sound quality. 90% head unit volume, high sub level, no bass boost, no bass EQ, play your music, raise the gain until it stops getting louder and back it off a bit.
In movies and tv shows where that 1 guy stands up and starts a slow clap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.