Not impressed with Sundown x-15v2, I hope its settings...Help and opinions needed

Somebody getting frustrated lol
Yes...install isn't as easy as putting cheese on a hamburger. It takes thinking involved.
Lol, what's so hard about install???? I didn't start this post for installation help.. I started this post to see what needed to be done to get this X moving lol.

Lol, what's so hard about install???? I didn't start this post for installation help.. I started this post to see what needed to be done to get this X moving lol.
Well yes and no. You keep thinking that mentalitty tho. Install takes time, and done right the 1st time. So you can lol all you want. How much money have you spent trying to fix your issue?! Welcome to car audio world....where this is a financial struggle than anything else.

I don’t think his HU RCA voltage is going to fix his problem.
it would if he was still going to use the hifonics. They are notorious for needing high pre-out voltage to get proper output. Sometimes even at max gain you arent even close to the amp's max power because the pentiometer for hifonics is fked like that, especially if you have a cheaper head unit thats not even close to 1 volt preout. With a higher pre-out voltage you actually achieve the max the amp can put out and at a lower gain. It would not matter so much if the amp has normal pentiometer going from 5 volt to .2 but hifonics is 9 volts to .2 but at max gain aka their .2 volts point, its more like 1 volt. Out of all the amps i've used, hifonics brx series needs the highest gain setting just to perform right and i have an 80 prs for signal.

it would if he was still going to use the hifonics. They are notorious for needing high pre-out voltage to get proper output. Sometimes even at max gain you arent even close to the amp's max power because the pentiometer for hifonics is fked like that, especially if you have a cheaper head unit thats not even close to 1 volt preout. With a higher pre-out voltage you actually achieve the max the amp can put out and at a lower gain. It would not matter so much if the amp has normal pentiometer going from 5 volt to .2 but hifonics is 9 volts to .2 but at max gain aka their .2 volts point, its more like 1 volt. Out of all the amps i've used, hifonics brx series needs the highest gain setting just to perform right and i have an 80 prs for signal.
Cheap line driver would have fixed that.

I’m sure he will be impressed for a few days.

Install takes time, and done right the first timd. How much money have you spent trying to fix your issue?!
I'll start off by saying thanks for all the help......Ok so the money I've spent isn't from trying to fix a problem. The setup I had was fine I just wanted to get deeper bass so I switched to the X in a boxed tuned to 32hz. In the process the Hifonics wasn't doing the job and I wasn't impressed. The money spent was for items to be capable to supply the right voltage and watts to the sub. Installing was the easy part lol.

Now that everything is in place she's moving some air!!!!! It's a big difference between the Hifonics and the Orion amp. So to end all, you guys where right......the brx wasn't enough to get the X moving. I'm pleased and it's doing better than the 2 skars, (not out the world better), but enough that I'm satisfied!!!! Thanks again. Check out the birth sheet.

I'll start off by saying thanks for all the help......Ok so the money I've spent isn't from trying to fix a problem. The setup I had was fine I just wanted to get deeper bass so I switched to the X in a boxed tuned to 32hz. In the process the Hifonics wasn't doing the job and I wasn't impressed. The money spent was for items to be capable to supply the right voltage and watts to the sub. Installing was the easy part lol.
Now that everything is in place she's moving some air!!!!! It's a big difference between the Hifonics and the Orion amp. So to end all, you guys where right......the brx wasn't enough to get the X moving. I'm pleased and it's doing better than the 2 skars, (not out the world better), but enough that I'm satisfied!!!! Thanks again. Check out the birth sheet.
Remember this thread?..http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/634749-sundown-x-15v2-pushed-hifonics-brx-2400-1d.html ... Hifonics and hi-end subs don't work... we all (pretty much everyone) said it's not gonna be enough... I'm glad you powered it right finally... now some tweaking and use and you'll be lookin to upgrade again!.. it's inevitable

In bold, I disagree. You actually bought another amp that the sub will be happy with. That hifonics amp was weak powering a high performance sub...unless you had another Hifonics amp, or hell, if you had 4 of the same amps powering that sub, might have been ok, daisy chained. Still don't get it I see. But that's ok...you seem happier now and that's all that matters.

Back to the installin: Your definition of the word vs. mine is totally different. Anybody can put a sub into an enclosure, mount amp on box and call it an install...right? Wrong. Amp should never be on an enclosure, because vibration kills amp internals. Everybody knows this. When you installed your amp, new or HiFonics one, did you hide the wires under the carpet or is there a spaghetti of wiring exposed everywhere? And lets not forget the ever famous speaker wire coming out the sub enclosure port. My install is clean. Not a single wiring showing....and I'm pretty picky about it. Plus I don't have much audio. Keeping it simple. Loud yet clean. However, I have seen many installs...with tons of batteries, wiring everywhere, walled subs and amps mounted to the back or something custom.

I understand all that and respect your passion. I'm not trying to be a smart ***, all I'm saying is I've done plenty clean installs that way, hiding wires etc, ect and its easy "to me" and fun. Did it for years until car audio starting disappearing in my area. Now all the x-over settings is another thing (alot of questions asked in this very thread). Anywho we can agree to disagree and this is my last system lol. Done, too old...... Thanks again fellas.

I understand all that and respect your passion. I'm not trying to be a smart ***, all I'm saying is I've done plenty clean installs that way, hiding wires etc, ect and its easy "to me" and fun. Did it for years until car audio starting disappearing in my area. Now all the x-over settings is another thing (alot of questions asked in this very thread). Anywho we can agree to disagree and this is my last system lol. Done, too old...... Thanks again fellas.
I wasn’t referring to the wiring. A monkey can do that. I was referring to making a speaker in a trunk 4 feet behind you sound like it’s not in the trunk 4 feet behind you. That’s the science. That’s what you seem to not understand, but it appears you are not the only one here that don’t understand it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.