Not impressed with Sundown x-15v2, I hope its settings...Help and opinions needed

thats the slope, not the actual gain, you need to look harder lmao. its a completley different setting. Where you are at is only the crossover, not the gain level control.
Unless you find this option, every amp you get will have the same issue.
I agree... just follow the instructions in step 2 of the manual once you see the slope adjustment... using the MC you can switch between adjustments... da*m HU's so complex nowadays... lol

MC is "master control?"... I think... push it maybe then turn it?.. IDK

BTW... we are confusing the OP I believe by calling it "gain"... it's sub "output level" on the HU and it's -24 to +6

I still think that looking for a bunch of output difference going from this...

bFCf6bm.jpg

To a single Sundown X-15 on the same Hifonics amp is asking a lot... that's losing a ton of cone area... and the higher tune might be more to the OP's liking.... but get your deck understood and setup first by all means... wow... it's unbelievable that people get expensive subs and put them on low end amps and can't even adjust the HU... wow

And OP... thats a good looking box that Sundown is in btw... nice work

I still think that looking for a bunch of output difference going from this...
bFCf6bm.jpg

To a single Sundown X-15 on the same Hifonics amp is asking a lot... that's losing a ton of cone area... and the higher tune might be more to the OP's liking.... but get your deck understood and setup first by all means... wow... it's unbelievable that people get expensive subs and put them on low end amps and can't even adjust the HU... wow

And OP... thats a good looking box that Sundown is in btw... nice work
I went ahead and ordered a Orion xtr 2500.1d and h.o. alt. Alt will be in today, amp from 20th-22nd.

Good idea on upgrading the amp btw... I'm not sure that Orion the best choice IMO... but I'm not a dyno watcher... lol... this amp this guy has is ok... but I like even mo powa!... I'm kinda stupid like that... lol

I went ahead and ordered a Orion xtr 2500.1d and h.o. alt. Alt will be in today, amp from 20th-22nd.
did you read the part about using your head unit properly to find the sub level yet? Doesnt matter what amp you buy, unless you find that option you'll always be fked.

did you read the part about using your head unit properly to find the sub level yet? Doesnt matter what amp you buy, unless you find that option you'll always be fked.
I did.......I'm going to play with it some more once I get back home and will report back.

Good idea on upgrading the amp btw... I'm not sure that Orion the best choice IMO... but I'm not a dyno watcher... lol... this amp this guy has is ok... but I like even mo powa!... I'm kinda stupid like that... lol

the orion xtr 2500.1 is a 3200 watt certified amp. Literally will be like running two brx 2400.1s lol

the orion xtr 2500.1 is a 3200 watt certified amp. Literally will be like running two brx 2400.1s lol
He's good then as I see it... of course he's gotta setup his deck correctly first and complete the electrical stuff he's doin'... sh*t... that's like 2 cabs strapped at 2 ohm... yep... that's 3K... just what that X-15 wants... lol

Hey fellas..... That picture I posted is it. Watched a few more videos and the the guy stated 1st pick your sub HZ which mine is 80HZ and the 2nd number is the boost that goes from -24 to positive 6. The last number is the slope. Check the picture I posted and you'll see mines is set to +6. Post is #86

Hey fellas..... That picture I posted is it. Watched a few more videos and the the guy stated 1st pick your sub HZ which mine is 80HZ and the 2nd number is the boost that goes from -24 to positive 6. The last number is the slope. Check the picture I posted and you'll see mines is set to +6. Post is #86
yikes that means your head unit pre-out voltage is extremely weak.

That's the sub gain or "output level" then... if you got it at +6 then the gutless Hifonics is the issue... as long as the box is correct and settings are correct IDK what else to tell ya'... replacing 2 15's with a single one is losing a ton of cone and your power isn't moving that X enough to make up for the difference... those DDX's don't need much power to move em...and a different tune will really sound different... I had 147db or so that "sounded" louder than 149+db... but the 147 was around 35hz versus 50hz for the 149... just sayin'... your perception of the 2 15's may be that they were louder and they might have been... but once you power that X correctly you should be good... of course it's all subjective... post your results/opinions please... I'm interested now... may be your HU voltage too...

I wonder what "maximum Preout voltage" means?.. lol... sounds like a maxxsonics (Hifonics) product to the MAX dude!.. it's a Pioneer tho... 2V thats low... but it still should be within the range to adjust for maximum power... Hifonics amaze me

yMRXeV.jpg

That's the sub gain or "output level" then... if you got it at +6 then the gutless Hifonics is the issue... as long as the box is correct and settings are correct IDK what else to tell ya'... replacing 2 15's with a single one is losing a ton of cone and your power isn't moving that X enough to make up for the difference... those DDX's don't need much power to move em...and a different tune will really sound different... I had 147db or so that "sounded" louder than 149+db... but the 147 was around 35hz versus 50hz for the 149... just sayin'... your perception of the 2 15's may be that they were louder and they might have been... but once you power that X correctly you should be good... of course it's all subjective... post your results/opinions please... I'm interested now... may be your HU voltage too...
Thanks for all the help thus far......I know I was giving up cone area, but most shops in my area stated one 15 in the right box would be most likely better than the 2 I had in the smaller box(really that box is the size for one of the skar 15s recommendations) . So I figured 2 15 at 2000 watts vs this X 15 at about 2500 watts I'd still be pleased because "more watts". With my power levels I'm not going to say its the sub just yet, maybe my power. As stated tho amp, alt are on the way and 2nd battery will be added also.

The Skars were supposed to be 32hz also, but I have no clue what that prefab box was tuned to. If the X doesn't work out guess I'll sell it and go another route, but at least everything else power wise will be already done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.