What to upgrade to make system louder?

Participant count
  • Participant list

B1GR3DDD

Delaware
Hey everyone!

Well after having my current setup for over 2 years now, I'm considering the idea of changing some things up in order to make it louder. My goal is save time and money, so changing both my amp and subs would be preferably avoided. As you can see in my signature below, I have 2 Soundqubed HDS 312's on a Q1-2200.2. The subs have an RMS of 1200w, and with my electrical setup, the amp is putting out just about 2200w, so 1100w a sub. Obviously these subs are barely getting what they need.

So I ask the question, could I make my setup louder by getting lower RMS subs, or should I focus on a larger amp (if so what size)?

Hey everyone!
Well after having my current setup for over 2 years now, I'm considering the idea of changing some things up in order to make it louder. My goal is save time and money, so changing both my amp and subs would be preferably avoided. As you can see in my signature below, I have 2 Soundqubed HDS 312's on a Q1-2200.2. The subs have an RMS of 1200w, and with my electrical setup, the amp is putting out just about 2200w, so 1100w a sub. Obviously these subs are barely getting what they need.

So I ask the question, could I make my setup louder by getting lower RMS subs, or should I focus on a larger amp (if so what size)?
2 fu 750's will get pretty loud in that box with that power, they have lower mms, more xmax and bigger magnet.. shoulda got them 2 weeks ago $159 now $199.. guy on fb hit over 157db with 4 of those and his were bstock..

There's no way to not get louder w/o spending $$. A lot of us have been there, done that. I say another 2200.2 amp should do the trick. 1 amp per sub.

Or...sell that amp then use that $$ get yourself a Twisted Sounds 2.8k It'll do close to 4k. But may need to upgrade electrical again.

2 fu 750's will get pretty loud in that box with that power, they have lower mms, more xmax and bigger magnet.. shoulda got them 2 weeks ago $159 now $199.. guy on fb hit over 157db with 4 of those and his were bstock..
Quit suggesting your subs and guy on FB this, hit that!! Like the 4th time I've seen you type that sh!@t and getting annoying.

There's no way to not get louder w/o spending $$. A lot of us have been there, done that. I say another 2200.2 amp should do the trick. 1 amp per sub.
Or...sell that amp then use that $$ get yourself a Twisted Sounds 2.8k It'll do close to 4k. But may need to upgrade electrical again.
What are your thoughts on Brazilian amps? I found a Stetsom 5k for a reasonable price

What are your thoughts on Brazilian amps? I found a Stetsom 5k for a reasonable price
There's some members that have those amps or used them, so I cannot comment on those. I've read good and bad.

Quit suggesting your subs and guy on FB this, hit that!! Like the 4th time I've seen you type that sh!@t and getting annoying.
yeah but i wasn't talking to u and i don't care if u like it or not.. 1 time or 100 it's still true and 1st time op saw it..

fXEhhjn.jpg

c4yI3MK.jpg

Mms, xmax and magnet size don't dictate what hits hard and what doesn't, there are higher contributing factors that you can't wrap your pea sized brain around. Go home and stop spreading false information.

Mms, xmax and magnet size don't dictate what hits hard and what doesn't, there are higher contributing factors that you can't wrap your pea sized brain around. Go home and stop spreading false information.
ok to be clear u are saying hds sub is louder and deeper than a 750 on 900 watts lol...

ok to be clear u are saying hds sub is louder and deeper than a 750 on 900 watts lol...
You HAVE to weigh in on EVERY subject don't you?... and using terms such as mms, xmax and motor size may impress a noob... but can you please explain to me how it all works together to make it louder?.. I'm curious

7yy6Dcq.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.