New car..NEED components with solid midbass Help

HarleyF150
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Louisiana
Just got a avalanche...again and I need some new 6.5 comps. The last ones I worked with were the diamond audio D661s powered by a diamond d3 400.2. Honestly, the midbass was completely lacking to me and the sound just wasnt the cleanest at high volumes but they were better than anything i had purchased in the past. The deck was a pioneer 8600 or something and it was all installed professionally. What components are in the 150 to 225 range that should take care of my needs?? Plan on getting a amp for about same price new used or ebay that will give them plenty of power. lets say 2x150@4ohms. Basically just trying to get a nice front stage setup and deck for right now. Plan on adding a 10 or 12 possibly in the future. Thanks for all your help. This place never lets me down.

Thanks, HarleyF150

Just to show you guys some sets I have been looking at:

1. the diamond D6's again but with a cleaner stronger amp

2. cdt cle61cv ...have read good things on the forums

3. eclipse sc6500's...(need opinions on these..power?, sq?)

Thanks and any other recomendations are appreciated.

even though they are a lot cheaper (especially on ebay) if you want nice mid-bass look into the Phoenix Gold RSD's. the mid-bass is killer and the rest of the spectrum sounds sweet as well. i love my set!

tcguy: Thats what I have read. I'm considering them and a profile 2x160rms@4 thats supposed to be a good clean amp. then i would have money to dampen the doors as well. hmm? what do you think?

audiobahn never heard of those man..so

Thanks and keep opinions coming

Dejawiz: would the ck6's be much better than the rsd's? The rsds are only 130 shipped online and he is selling the ck6's for 150..only 20 diff. is the midbass exceptional as well on the ck6's?

thanks

Dejawiz: would the ck6's be much better than the rsd's? The rsds are only 130 shipped online and he is selling the ck6's for 150..only 20 diff. is the midbass exceptional as well on the ck6's?
thanks
I've never heard them, only read about them. If you get the RSd's from Audio Savings, the price difference really widens. Just depends on what you want to do/try out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.