New build questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Stockish

CarAudio.com Newbie
Dallas
We are doing a new build at my shop. It's actually going into a polaris ranger. We have already planned out our head unit, mid drivers, and compression tweeters.

The sub box we have mapped out is a 4th order with 3 cubic feet for the sealed side and 6 on the ported side with the correct size port. We r using 2 digital designs 600 series 2ohm dual voice coil 15in woofers.
My question is how much power should I have in my sub amp? I've looked at sound digital 3000.1 amp, but also have a smaller kicker 1000w amp on hand already.

I have a group 31 batt along with 2 kinetic battery's to run the system along with the machines stator that makes 50amps. Yea it will discharge but it has an on board charging system that gets plugged in every night. The mids and highs will be running off a ds18 840.4 marine amp.

50A alternator won't get you too far with an amp that will potentially draw over 300A. Might test with the Kicker you already have and see how that holds up. I'd personally not run over 2400W or so without either adding a high output alternator or going with a way over-built battery bank.

We have ran amps of this size b4 with a group 31 plus dual kinetic battery's b4. You are right it can't keep up. UT in the end it does t have to for long. It might go "full tilt boggie" for a fee min at a time at most. Mai ly it will be at listening volume which won't draw that many amps. If it gives me issues I'll add a 2nd group 31 batt

As for the amp I should run tho is a 1000w kicker going g to even get those big 15s moving? Or will it need more watts?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...