New build, big for me, have some questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

nyoc
10+ year member

I am working on a new build. It's my biggest yet, 5-8k. I'm going to be running 2 American Bass 15" HDs powered by either a Taramps 5k, 8k or Soundigital 8k. I have 3 Duracell DURDC12-100P and I'm getting a CES 300 amp HO alternator. I plan on 1 run of SHCA 1/0 gauge OFC from the front battery to the back. I also plan on doing my big 4 with SCHA 2/0 gauge OFC. This is all going into a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer LT. I currently have a this battery under the hood: https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NBP7578

Now, my questions are:

1. Can I use one of the Duracells to replace my main battery?

2. If I can't use one of the Duracells up front then how do I setup the wiring for 1 to 2 of the Duracells?

3. Should I do more than 1 run from front to back?

4. Anything else I should know?

I know some people believe that since I have to ask these questions that I shouldn't be messing with this big of a system. I say, how am I supposed to learn? I have tried doing many searches for the answers to no avail. I have done enough installs to not be a newb, just nothing quite this large. Anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1. Can I use one of the Duracells to replace my main battery?

i dont think it will fit but if you can make it fit yes it will work

2. If I can't use one of the Duracells up front then how do I setup the wiring for 1 to 2 of the Duracells?

connect all the pos to pos and neg to neg.

3. Should I do more than 1 run from front to back?

yes, or 1 run of 2/0. if you have a 300amp alt that is right about absolute max a 1/0run should have. more is always better.

4. Anything else I should know?

you can always keep the gain low and watch your voltage until you are familiar with the voltage drop you get. you may need to add more batteries to get the full power youre looking for.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.