NeverEnuffBass's Durango Wall & More Rebuild...

Well I planned on having these ready for paint by today... I was gonna spend all weekend on them but spent most of time getting drunk and going to bbq's instead. One needs a little more filling and the other one needs to be filled completely. I used duramix 40/40 to blend the edges together as body filler would not hold to the panel well. I then also used the 40/40 to shave my ashtray and 2 switches.

MoreDoorpanels003.jpg

40/40 on the edges

MoreDoorpanels002.jpg

MoreDoorpanels001.jpg

Little more mud and sanding and we can go to paint.

MoreDoorpanels004.jpg
Ah the 40/40

MoreDoorpanels007.jpg

Panel that I shaved the ashtray and 2 switches on. Forgot to grab a pic of it filled but basically just 40/40'd the holes after I taped up the front of them

MoreDoorpanels005.jpg

Mid and Beyma tweet sitting next to my old Memphis tweet

MoreDoorpanels006.jpg

Ginormous tweet

Everyone on this site has a "shit to buy" list haha //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Nice build man..those door panels = sex.

Hey what up NeverEnuffBass. I see you are on the this board and Dakota-durango on too...bad ass build!!!
Thanks man. Yeah I like checking out that board every now and then, people over there have some nice dodges but haven't seen too many nice audio systems yet.

So is that 4040 stuff just something that comes out of the tube, you smooth it, it hardens (how tough is it?) and you sand it the shape u want?
looks pretty cool
40/40 is a 2 part epoxy that is made for repairing abs plastic and such. Once it hardens its just like plastic.

Hurry up.....and get more pix while your at it

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well after going out to Carlisle for the truck show I am finally motivated enough to get this build finished. My faux suede headliner is starting to sag so I ordered 10yards of blue velour http://www.distinctivefabric.com/fabric.php?product=VELOUR1

I will be doing the headliner in it as well as door and seat inserts. Have a little idea in mind for the door inserts and you will be seeing that this weekend.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.