NeverEnuffBass's Durango Wall & More Rebuild...

NeverEnuffBass
10+ year member

Got Bass?
Its finally warmed up here to the point where I can finally work comfortably outside so as soon as I finish this I'm going outside to start. Many of you may remember my first build in the truck http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149014 and http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126266 Setup was loud and low but I know I can do better so it was time to upgrade. My goal is to build a system that looks amazing, plays music extremely loud and low and can still crank out some nice numbers on a meter. This setup is not going to be a daily driving setup. The Durango only gets driven to shows and taken out for a rides when the weather is good.

The Victim

carshow1.jpg

Durangotrunkedit.jpg

The Equipment

Subs:4 RE MT 15's

Sub amps: 4 Powerbass XA-3000's

Batteries: 4 Kintetik HC-2400's and 1 HC-1800

Front Speakers: 8 Powerbass 4XL-65-92 6.5 midrange (4 per door)

Tweeters: 2 Beyma AST-05 (105db@1watt/meter) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Amps:3 Powerbass XA-2150 & 1 XA-250

Hatch Speakers: Undecided

The New Bling

Rims: 22" KMC SS

Lower: 2"

Exhaust: GS Motorsports True Dual

Video: 37" LCD monitor

Entertainment: PS2 Front & rear with Guitar Hero

The Plan

-Build new wall (about 16cubes before displacements) 32hz tuning

-Fiberglass door panels to hold 4 6.5's and tweeter, texture & paint to look factory

-Fiberglass sides of car behind wall to hold sub amps mounted on edge lit acrylic.

-Build flush mount for the 37" monitor

-Recover suede headliner

-Fiberglass the hatch panel to hold more speakers

Well didn't get too much done today but I pulled the cover off of it and gave it a nice bath then got inside and took some measurements. I know there is plenty of room in there cause my last enclosures were 30 cubic ft. Looks like the door panels will be my biggest issue as the pocket will have to be cut off and filled so I have some room to work with. My false floor didn't hold up to the wieght of the last wall so well so I'll be rebuilding that too.

Should be nasty. The last wall with SXs was sick. MTs ought to blow your socks off.
Thanks man. All the more motivation to out do the last wall.

This is true, but what car doesn't. lol What motor you have?
5.2 pretty much stock right now. Edelbrock air cleaner & 160 degree thermostat. I think engine work is gonna be next year's money pit. But i'm hoping to get some valve covers, and headers this year just to clean up the engine bay a little

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.