Need to get a new car battery. Planning an SQ Build in the future.

HyperSlayer72

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jun 23, 2020
Florida
Heyo, after over a year of nearly no driving due to the pandemic my car battery has reached a point where I need to replace it. At this point my entire sound system is stock however I do plan on doing an SQ Build in the future as I continue to research and learn.

Considering my future plans, should I be looking at a car battery more specialized for audio (if thats even a thing) or am I safe to just grab any quality battery from advance? I apologize if this question is opening a can of worms. Any information/guidance would be very appreciated.

Clarkec1c

CarAudio.com Newbie
May 5, 2021
Knoxville
Heyo, after over a year of nearly no driving due to the pandemic my car battery has reached a point where I need to replace it. At this point my entire sound system is stock however I do plan on doing an SQ Build in the future as I continue to research and learn.

Considering my future plans, should I be looking at a car battery more specialized for audio (if thats even a thing) or am I safe to just grab any quality battery from advance? I apologize if this question is opening a can of worms. Any information/guidance would be very appreciated.
XS power has some of the most high quality batteries specialized for car audio.

Kickstand

CarAudio.com Veteran
Jan 1, 2021
Maple Ridge
Depends on what you plan on doing in the future.
An AGM battery will do up to certain level but then you have to think about upgrading the alt after that.
If your plan is to run a lot of power then you might want to look into a lithium battery
With out knowing what you want to do stereo wise it's hard to point you in one direction or the other

HyperSlayer72

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jun 23, 2020
Florida
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Depends on what you plan on doing in the future.
An AGM battery will do up to certain level but then you have to think about upgrading the alt after that.
If your plan is to run a lot of power then you might want to look into a lithium battery
With out knowing what you want to do stereo wise it's hard to point you in one direction or the other
Considering that it may be a better idea for me to get myself a cheaper battery for now, hold myself over until I have a full build plan together, and just upgrade at that point.

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
Just go with an AGM replacement. They last longer. Price difference is pretty small.

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
Just go with an AGM replacement. They last longer. Price difference is pretty small.
Agreed. Ideally just go with whatever parts store brand "platinum" or "premium" or whatever AGM has the longest warranty. Last time I bought AGM Pep Boys sold Bosch branded AGM with 4 year warranty which IMO is worth the price for the peace of mind.

If you're talking about true sound quality build you shouldn't need multiple batteries or oversized anything. You can get 1200W 6 channel amp that'll never open a 60A fuse and would do plenty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds