Need to get a new car battery. Planning an SQ Build in the future.

Participant count
  • Participants list

HyperSlayer72

CarAudio.com Newbie
Florida
Heyo, after over a year of nearly no driving due to the pandemic my car battery has reached a point where I need to replace it. At this point my entire sound system is stock however I do plan on doing an SQ Build in the future as I continue to research and learn.

Considering my future plans, should I be looking at a car battery more specialized for audio (if thats even a thing) or am I safe to just grab any quality battery from advance? I apologize if this question is opening a can of worms. Any information/guidance would be very appreciated.

Heyo, after over a year of nearly no driving due to the pandemic my car battery has reached a point where I need to replace it. At this point my entire sound system is stock however I do plan on doing an SQ Build in the future as I continue to research and learn.

Considering my future plans, should I be looking at a car battery more specialized for audio (if thats even a thing) or am I safe to just grab any quality battery from advance? I apologize if this question is opening a can of worms. Any information/guidance would be very appreciated.
XS power has some of the most high quality batteries specialized for car audio.

Depends on what you plan on doing in the future.
An AGM battery will do up to certain level but then you have to think about upgrading the alt after that.
If your plan is to run a lot of power then you might want to look into a lithium battery
With out knowing what you want to do stereo wise it's hard to point you in one direction or the other

Depends on what you plan on doing in the future.
An AGM battery will do up to certain level but then you have to think about upgrading the alt after that.
If your plan is to run a lot of power then you might want to look into a lithium battery
With out knowing what you want to do stereo wise it's hard to point you in one direction or the other

Considering that it may be a better idea for me to get myself a cheaper battery for now, hold myself over until I have a full build plan together, and just upgrade at that point.

Just go with an AGM replacement. They last longer. Price difference is pretty small.
Agreed. Ideally just go with whatever parts store brand "platinum" or "premium" or whatever AGM has the longest warranty. Last time I bought AGM Pep Boys sold Bosch branded AGM with 4 year warranty which IMO is worth the price for the peace of mind.

If you're talking about true sound quality build you shouldn't need multiple batteries or oversized anything. You can get 1200W 6 channel amp that'll never open a 60A fuse and would do plenty.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...