Need Suggestions

What if he has passengers? I'm assuming he bought a Suburban for reasons other than he likes buying gas.
yea bro ima have passengers and i already had the suburban but the motor messed up but its fixed now so im planning on putting a system back in

Very much this. Spend your entire component budget on some better quality fronts.

Alternately, if any of these Q form kicks will fit in your burban you could do a set in your stock front location and a set in the kicks with good results:

Have you decided how much space you want to sacrifice for a box? Can you build one yourself? Have you budgeted for this?

I do not believe you want to go much larger than a 3000W amp if you only plan a HO alternator and even then it'll be pushing things pretty hard. Pair something like that up with some of the new Adire Brahma subs, those get loud and sound good along the way and are a great 1200W sub. Would be about my top choice if I were buying new in that budget.

I've got a very nice Focal 4x150 amp for the fronts if you're interested at 400$. Fresh refurb from Zed Audio.
box i already have some ideas for it just depending on the subs i get if i chose to make it larger or not, it will for sure be behind the 3rd row seat tho

Makes sense if you're comparing aftermarket speakers with an amp on them to oem speakers. Any speaker sounds louder the closer you are to it, so if you have passengers, you have to turn it up for them to hear the music at their preferred volume, which might mean the driver has to listen at higher volume than he/she prefers. Why not install decent speakers all around, so the whole vehicle hears the same amount of volume, so you can talk to eachother over the music if desired? It boils down to needing more info about intended use. Is OP building for himself or for a family?
it will be for both, i usually would have passengers, before the suburban got messed up i had 2 12’s, 4 alpine type s 6.5 in the 4 doors and 2 6x9 built into the box so when id open the back alone it would sound good and musical outside the car

Makes sense if you're comparing aftermarket speakers with an amp on them to oem speakers. Any speaker sounds louder the closer you are to it, so if you have passengers, you have to turn it up for them to hear the music at their preferred volume, which might mean the driver has to listen at higher volume than he/she prefers. Why not install decent speakers all around, so the whole vehicle hears the same amount of volume, so you can talk to eachother over the music if desired? It boils down to needing more info about intended use. Is OP building for himself or for a family?
I had four doors of after market speakers all amplified....swapped for Aftermarket front stage only and it’s Louder even in the rear passenger seat and I didn’t Spend money on passive crossovers that I didn’t need

He’s considering 3k-5k watts Of bass in it. Didn’t sound like he was going to Be listening to blues clues With the mijos on a Sunday., but yes there is the Local stereo shop solution,,,,,,Grab a four channel, Comp set up front and rear coaxials.

Compromise may be buy a higher power handling Comp set for the front, run it on a bridged 4 channel and keep the rear door speakers on the headunit. If they’re some funky impedance then a set of high sensitivity coaxials may be needed anyways. Lots of good $50 options

Last edited:
no man I had four doors of after market speakers all amplified....swapped for Aftermarket front stage only and it’s LouSee and I didn’t waste money on passive crossovers.

He’s considering 3k-5k watts Of bass in it, I doubt he’s going to listening to blues clues With the mijos on a Sunday., but yes there is the Local stereo shop solution,,,,,,Grab a four channel, Comp set up front and rear coaxials.

happy medium is buy a higher power handling Comp set for the front, run it on a bridged 4 channel and keep the rear door speakers on the headunit. If they’re some funky impedance then a set of high sensitivity coaxials may be needed anyways. Lots of good $50 options
[/QUOTE

no man I had four doors of after market speakers all amplified....swapped for Aftermarket front stage only and it’s LouSee and I didn’t waste money on passive crossovers.

He’s considering 3k-5k watts Of bass in it, I doubt he’s going to listening to blues clues With the mijos on a Sunday., but yes there is the Local stereo shop solution,,,,,,Grab a four channel, Comp set up front and rear coaxials.

happy medium is buy a higher power handling Comp set for the front, run it on a bridged 4 channel and keep the rear door speakers on the headunit. If they’re some funky impedance then a set of high sensitivity coaxials may be needed anyways. Lots of good $50 options
blues clues with the mijos im dead bro 💀, but yea that sounds good cos usually when i ride with people we dont really turn up the system all the way up unless they say to do it which is rare, i usually have it cranked when im alone tho so that sounds good to get good front stage and alright speakers in the rear thx

I had four doors of after market speakers all amplified....swapped for Aftermarket front stage only and it’s Louder even in the rear passenger seat and I didn’t Spend money on passive crossovers that I didn’t need

He’s considering 3k-5k watts Of bass in it. Didn’t sound like he was going to Be listening to blues clues With the mijos on a Sunday., but yes there is the Local stereo shop solution,,,,,,Grab a four channel, Comp set up front and rear coaxials.

Compromise may be buy a higher power handling Comp set for the front, run it on a bridged 4 channel and keep the rear door speakers on the headunit. If they’re some funky impedance then a set of high sensitivity coaxials may be needed anyways. Lots of good $50 options
Maybe it's his only vehicle? I couldn't live with just one vehicle, but some people do. I think of spl the same as i think about horsepower and guns and rubbers... always nice to have in the event you run into an 18-year-old who wants to test you.

Maybe it's his only vehicle? I couldn't live with just one vehicle, but some people do. I think of spl the same as i think about horsepower and guns and rubbers... always nice to have in the event you run into an 18-year-old who wants to test you.

Multiple good points made. My cruiser is a modest 2500+ Watts to the substage with two baby seats taking the passenger row.

I think we can both agree that a large investment in full range speakers in rears doors isn’t Going to be the best way to consume op’s $2K build budget

bro im 17 💀what do u expect from me to own a whole 5 cars to myself?

nah bro i work so i got my paper 😂saved up so i can get my suburban nice and loud
$2k goes quick when you start thinking about install, electrical readiness, sound treatment. You can get high performing subs for a lot less than 500$ each. Makes plenty of sense though if that’s your total sub budget. Save Some of said “paper”

what about the Fi Q series?
Fi-Q has always been really solid too. The only catch with Fi is sometimes they have long lead times on building stuff.
As someone else mentioned, do make sure you budget enough for cable and other odds and ends you might need. It would be rough to blow all your money on amps and speakers then have to wait a few paydays because you don't have enough left over for cable or a distro block or whatever

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.