Mysterious DC Sub?? *Pics*

u never saw a 58 or 56 legal out of a trunk car with the audio in the trunk...

Tim Dougherty on the SWAT Team did a 156.x at USACi world finals this year in trunk class. I say 158 because that's what he did the night before in the shop before driving to Tulsa. One of us who went down there has a YouTube video of the World Finals USACi run where he did the 156. It's funny because people were all like "he just broke the world record" but the team members were like "WTF this just did a 58 last night." I'll see if I can find the video, I think AQHDC3 or Twistedchild420 might have it.

Check it out on USACi's site in the 2009 world finals results. 156.5 - Trunk 1001-up

u never saw a 58 or 56 legal out of a trunk car with the audio in the trunk...
No he hasnt seen either score legal, sealed up on the dash. but he has seen a 100% usaci legal 156.5. all the equipment in the trunk. i have seen it do a 158.2 with all 4 amps hooked up He used 2 solo x 12's on 2 ia 40.1s. it was in a 2000 4door honda civic.

thors numbers, yes, are impressive for his equipment.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

No he hasnt seen either score legal, sealed up on the dash. but he has seen a 100% usaci legal 156.5. all the equipment in the trunk. i have seen it do a 158.2 with all 4 amps hooked up He used 2 solo x 12's on 2 ia 40.1s. it was in a 2000 4door honda civic.
thors numbers, yes, are impressive for his equipment.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Thank you, Kyle.

You ****.

TL;DR.
Motor OD looks to be wider than the mounting holes. This = issue.
That's what I said too, but then I read further and saw he just tossed a 10" basket on the motor, so that's probably not the actual motor and basket pairing.

So whats the bet? Who can get louder out of their trunk? I mean no disrespect to thors but I have to agree with basscort his numbers arent that crazy impressive and people love to nuthug on him. Enlighten me on why his numbers are so impressive with the equipment he has? Ive seen plenty of trunks that are more efficient than his setup.
I broke my first 50 sealed on the dash DBDrag Style with 2 AQ HD3's and Atomic 5k. Clamped 3500 Most recently I did 151.6 again Legal 8k clamped. I would love you to show me these trunks you speak of. Everything in my car is factory in place. I do this with all seats in in a huge 4 door.

Yea i gotcha. Anyone know how much power and what setup he was running to get his numbers? Im just curios because I think with the amount of power he has you could get close or do his score with a single 12''.
151.6 2 DC lvl 5 10's Stetsom 14k2d

outlaw... i think its around 150.9 or so legal sealed up . Dont quote me though..
I do all my metering Legal on the Dash. In fact I've had the same dot on my windshield from when Psychoacoustics put it there 3 yrs ago. lol Outlaw I'm above 54:D

The motor looks bigger than the cutout diameter. Howz they going to mount that? Reverse, or drop the motor in and build the box around it then mount the basket and reattach it to the motor? JP

But seriously, the motor looks bigger than where the screw holes are located.
http://www.dcsoundlab.com Your answer is on the Front Page;)

The highest I've seen out of the trunk is 158+, but in competition I've only seen a 156.4 or something like that. 156+ for sure in competition.
The Loudest Trunk Record for DBDrag is 153.9 set by Dave Dasilva in 07/08. There has been scores just inside 54 but not certified.

It's still a ****-ton of power though. Do a 50 out of the trunk on less than 3000 watts on a fuse and I will be impressed.
First 50 was with 1 batt and 250 amp fuse. Legal DbDrag

TL;DR.
Motor OD looks to be wider than the mounting holes. This = issue.
There is no issue my friend

http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Currently I have the loudest competing Trunk in DBDrag. Does that mean I have the loudest Trunk out there. Nope. I'm sure there are some serious Trunkers out there that will come forth to smash me and I'm quite alright with that. lol

we are talking LEGAL numbers on the dash sealed cabin. that outlaw run shouldnt even count because the door was open before the run was finished. what dose it do legal?

wasnt there a legal 154.? by a maxxsonics mike?

i know a guy doing 151.? legal in a trunk with 1 15" MT and 2 memphis 4k's.

if anybody thinks a trunk car is easy to get loud ,lol. anything in the mid to upper 40s takes alot of work not even 50+.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.