Mysterious DC Sub?? *Pics*

what about this one

lvl6.jpg

lvl62.jpg

lvl63.jpg

One thing I have noticed about ngsm, if the sub isn't made by Fi it *****, end of story.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

i would never purchase anything from a guy named "rusty"

That was the Level 6 prototype if I remember correctly. I was hoping he'd use that basket...
He still may, if you read Tuan's posts he said he just threw the 10" basket on the motor for fun. Also, I believe the 12 spoke uses an 8: spider, you need a larger spider for a 4" coil, in the vicinity of 9" or 10" so they probably aren't using the 12 spoke for it.

alright dawg you and your E thug ego are hilarious i see this means alot more to you than it does me i mean hell i can't compete with someone who post 900 times a month but ok man i'm sorry for messing with your life and i wont be so rude to do so again peace !!!!! E thug
angry wittle noob.

He still may, if you read Tuan's posts he said he just threw the 10" basket on the motor for fun. Also, I believe the 12 spoke uses an 8: spider, you need a larger spider for a 4" coil, in the vicinity of 9" or 10" so they probably aren't using the 12 spoke for it.
Yeah, I read the post. I read a thread about the Level 6 prototype a couple of months back on the DC forum @ SMD, and it was pretty much made known that the basket on the prototype wouldn't be a part of the production model. I hope you're right, though. I'd like to see the basket in the prototype make the final production model. The 12 spokes are solid, but they're mundane at this point...

Yeah, I read the post. I read a thread about the Level 6 prototype a couple of months back on the DC forum @ SMD, and it was pretty much made known that the basket on the prototype wouldn't be a part of the production model. I hope you're right, though. I'd like to see the basket in the prototype make the final production model. The 12 spokes are solid, but they're mundane at this point...
Personally I don't care what basket is being used on the sub, if it meets the mechanical clearances needed and allows for enough ventilation as well as allowing for the correct parts, I am fine, and if the 12 spoke does that, no problem. Again, as long as the basket works for the situation it doesn't really matter what style it is.

Personally I don't care what basket is being used on the sub, if it meets the mechanical clearances needed and allows for enough ventilation as well as allowing for the correct parts, I am fine, and if the 12 spoke does that, no problem. Again, as long as the basket works for the situation it doesn't really matter what style it is.
I can agree with that, but it would be nice to see something other than a standard 12 spoke once in a while.

That was the Level 6 prototype if I remember correctly. I was hoping he'd use that basket...
That actually wasn't a prototype. I've a motor from a different company if I'm not mistaken. The basket definitely will be different...since it's a 4" coil. I hope that Scott from FI will allow licensing royalties to be used on the Ti baskets. Eitherway, I'm personally working on a new basket design that is actually better than the Ti basket. It's nice having a mechanical engineering background...but the only obstacle: tooling money.

Tuan

best way to make a new basket is by modding and welding on a 12 spoke or tc. smooth everthing out then make ur mold off that piece and take it to a sand casting shop.

i have machined and modded some baskets over the yrs. we have molds @ work and a casting shop not too far away i have thought about it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.