My SK-1500.1 is junk

I need proof... I call BS until proven otherwise. The 2500 clamped over 3100 above a 1ohm load (Vveet)... Call the amp repair guy its his fault not Skars or Kevins. You bought a beat to death amp then wanna call foul on the manf???? That dnt even make any form of sence.... Hate Kevin or love him IDC but he has been good to me and his products have been rock solid in every aspect...

Used a fluke clamp, 15.3 amps @ 49 volts

LOL Fail at ohm's law and expect us to believe it's the amp's fault.

I understand im rising to 3.2 ohms, but i dont get how 'such a good amp' could fail AGAIN at that impedence, its 'rated for 1ohm' :|
You set it to put out "max power" at 3.2 ohm (possibly higher??? if you don't understand ohm's law and impedance curve, who can say?). When you hit a different frequency and the amp is actually seeing the .7 ohm impedence (or possibly lower) you're overdriving the hell out of it and it breaks.

1500.1 Zenon board is solid and reliable. FYI if your amp keeps going into protect you need to turn it down or look for shorts or other issues. If you continue to over drive the amp into protect it will fail.

Your audiopipe amp may or may have put out more power at 3 ohms, but the Zenon 1500W board will outperform it every day of the week with someone competent using it.

Contacted Steve and described the problem. He thinks i am (a) Overdriving the input or i am wiring too low.

"You have ohmage problems or the input is being overdriven! I tested it for 3 hours on the bench at 1 ohm! Didn't miss a beat."

"You have ohmage problems or the input is being overdriven! ...."
You pretty much admitted this with your comment that the amp is only putting out 700W.

The idea that someone who doesn't understand Ohm's law would own a Fluke clamp meter and an osciliscope is a travesty.

don't screw someone else with that POS...take a Florida vacation and beat the shit out of that Kevin dude with it, or throw it in the trash where it belongs.
I highly doubt the clamp you did is accurate - you also realize by buying a Sundown you are buying from the same direct build house as we all use the same one. Granted the products are different - the quality is the same. On that note, if you send me that amp and it actually clamps what you are claiming (and not broken from abuse), I will be more then happy to pay you your full purchase price in cash + repair fee.

Also - Steve has been repairing for over 20 years and is highly regarded by many manufacturers as an awesome repair company - he backs his work 100%.

Last edited by a moderator:
I highly doubt the clamp you did is accurate - you also realize by buying a Sundown you are buying from the same direct build house as we all use the same one. Granted the products are different - the quality is the same. On that note, if you send me that amp and it actually clamps what you are claiming, I will be more then happy to pay you your full purchase price in cash + repair fee.
Also - Steve has been repairing for over 20 years and is highly regarded by many manufacturers as an awesome repair company - he backs his work 100%.
quoted the wrong guy....

My old audiopipe pushed out more power on the same rise. An amp should not be going into protection @ 3.2 ohms either way

I don't really like Skar by any means, but I won't allow a bias to change my input here.. an amp can go into protection at ANY impedance if you're clipping it to death.

I highly doubt the clamp you did is accurate - you also realize by buying a Sundown you are buying from the same direct build house as we all use the same one. Granted the products are different - the quality is the same. On that note, if you send me that amp and it actually clamps what you are claiming (and not broken from abuse), I will be more then happy to pay you your full purchase price in cash + repair fee.
I just dont get what is causing it, my electrical is fine. I havent gotten it to go into protect mode today, but i dont want to send it out and be without an amp. Perhaps if/when i do get another one i will. It's not vibrations as it was the first time it had to go into repairs. The guy i bought this from hadnt abused it visually(in my sig). Voltage never seeps below 12V on full tilt even on idle.

Even if im blowing this out of proportion, it just ***** having saved with my ****** job for weeks to get this amp and it breaks TWICE. And like i said, i double checked all the batteries with a load tester, ensured my connections are stable. The only thing i have not checked is the output from the LC2i (i havent touched the gains on it since i got it, all flat lined) going into the amp. If i can find out how i can then check it. I am far from the maximized light (indicates 9V preout) on the unit.

I just dont get what is causing it, my electrical is fine. I havent gotten it to go into protect mode today, but i dont want to send it out and be without an amp. Perhaps if/when i do get another one i will. It's not vibrations as it was the first time it had to go into repairs. The guy i bought this from hadnt abused it visually(in my sig). Voltage never seeps below 12V on full tilt even on idle.
Even if im blowing this out of proportion, it just ***** having saved with my ****** job for weeks to get this amp and it breaks TWICE. And like i said, i double checked all the batteries with a load tester, ensured my connections are stable. The only thing i have not checked is the output from the LC2i (i havent touched the gains on it since i got it, all flat lined) going into the amp. If i can find out how i can then check it. I am far from the maximized light (indicates 9V preout) on the unit.
Well in the future before making a title of a thread "My SK-1500.1 is Junk" - I would make sure that you understand you are calling a company out for a bad product and we are more then happy to test the said amp to see if it was being clamped properly, is in perfect working condition, etc. If it was in fact repaired by Steve then I am sure it is fine, and if it wasn't he would be the first to repair it. Not many of these come in for warranty and we don't send many out for repair, but if they do, it is very rare for it to happen twice, so I would really look over the entire install aspect of your vehicle and make sure the install is correct.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.