My SK-1500.1 is junk

Didn't op say something about using a stock ground point in a previous post? no time to look myself, atm, but those things aren't meant for much more than grounding some taillights and a rear defrost...

Yeah i did an inspection on the whole ground thing. Looks like i grounded the 0 gauge wire onto the battery which had a 4AWG ground to the frame. This could have possibly caused the problem. I took the 1/0AWG ground and put it right on the bolt to the frame where it should have been. During a quick test at full tilt @ 500rpm Played excellent(possibly louder?) and has not gone into protect. I do not have the clamp to check now but i may in the future. I still plan on getting a 2k+ amp so i can give 1500 clean watts to the BL.

As of now everything appear to works, but ill find out the more i use it.

Went into protect mode twice today. Once during full tilt. Right after that i turned it back on and got a green light. So i played lightly for about 3-4 minutes then it went into protect again. After that i got a green light, pounded full tilt all the way home without a problem. I cannot purposely make it go into protect mode again.

I also turned the gains down last night and it did it again today. No wire loose, the box isnt coming into contact with the amp, the amp is very cool, i really dont know what to do. I dont want to send it in for repair because thats another $100 i could use towards a good amp.

Both times the amp went into protect voltage was at 14.4V

sell it to someone that wants to mess with getting it fixed for a fair price and buy a "NEW" "NON USED AMP" and you wont have to worry about it being abused like this one probally was when you bought it

sell it to someone that wants to mess with getting it fixed for a fair price and buy a "NEW" "NON USED AMP" and you wont have to worry about it being abused like this one probally was when you bought it
Eyes on an APSM 2000 or Crescendo 2000D

you can almost buy a apsm 2000 for 100$ lol. thats the smartest thing if your sure you install is 100% then get rid of it and have someone else fix it thats into that kinda thing or buy a apsm 1500 for around 100$ as a beaster amp for a few months till you get enough for a good 2k ? just a thought those do rated or real real close to it ?

you can almost buy a apsm 2000 for 100$ lol. thats the smartest thing if your sure you install is 100% then get rid of it and have someone else fix it thats into that kinda thing or buy a apsm 1500 for around 100$ as a beaster amp for a few months till you get enough for a good 2k ? just a thought those do rated or real real close to it ?
Im sure my install is 100% now. Batteries load tested, all 1/0 gauge up to stock charging line, all connections secure and terminals sheathed. Voltages stable, i just dont get why i have to have a failing amp.

because like i said it was more than likley beat and clipped to hell before you bought it . someone ran the **** outa it and sold their problem off to you.. hence why i rarely buy anything used

Last edited by a moderator:
because like i said it was more than likley beat and clipped to hell before you bought it . someone ran the **** outa it and sold their problem off to you.. hence why i rarely buy anything used
I thought that the first time it acted up and sent it for repair. But i wouldnt expect a repaired amplifier to have problems again

So far today no protection, played full tilt and low volume variously. Amp is warmer than when it did go into protect, but still not hot. This thing makes an *** out of me :|

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.