Atomic Loudspeakers - A Horrific Experience!! - Thieves

litlearnie

Randy Mesa is the sales rep for Atomic. I called him looking for 5,000+ high watt amplifier. He told me he could sell me a 7,000 watt floor model for $1300. I agreed. I also purchased a subwoofer for $800 though I'll never know if that actually works because my amplifier never worked. I did not immediately install these into my car because I was in the process of rebuilding the entire car, motor, trans, turbo, sound, everything. Upon connection of the remote turn on wire the amp began to crack and sizzle and it smoked for hours even after I disconnected the power immediately. I've installed multiple car audio sound systems over the years so I know the power and negative were properly connected. though I'll never know the exact power up procedure because i never received a manual. Their were two 1 gauge power terminals and two 1 gauge neg terminals so I'm guessing it's no problem wiring into both of those terminals but I'll never know because i never received a manual. I did request one by email three separate times but they said they couldn't find a manual. When I called Randy and told him that my amplifier popped and sizzled and smoked upon install, he said, "Oh no, What did you do?" He told me he'd check with the servicing department and get back with me. Three or four days went by and I never heard back so i contacted the owner, George Wu, by email. He informed me that the model which i had purchased had been discontinued and therefore they could not service the amplifier. I adivised him that I was not pleased and that I had never heard of an electronics company selling a product and not being able to service it. He said the only thing he could do is refer me to a "guy he knew" who was the only one he knew that serviced this type of amplifier. George had the Jeremy from Ebbco Repair email me. I explained the problem to him, he told me to ship it to him in CA. I live in Ohio so the shipping cost me $75. Over a month later he emailed me explaining that apparently this amp was "fried" and not worth repairing. However he went on to say that he could fix it for about $350 parts and labor. I said sure, the amp cost me $1300, it's worth it! Jeremy from Ebbco Repair wanted $200 up front for parts and $150 upon completion. I sent him $200 through paypal. 4 months and 20 emails later he advised me that it was finished and to send the remaining $150 plus shipping. I sent him $225 via paypal. 3 months and 20 emailed excuses later, i still had no amplifier. I contacted George Wu, owner of Atomic by email. I explained that i felt this repair guy had stolen my money and I was not going to receive my amp in any way shape or form. A few weeks later George explained to me that after speaking with Jeremy, he learned that Jeremy had spent the money that I had sent him for shipping and that is why it had not been shipped back. George offered to email a shipping label to Jeremy but that I would have to pay for it. I asked George if he could do the right thing and pay for the label. He refused. I then prepaid for a UPS label and emailed it to Jeremy myself. Jeremy sent me a tracking number within days. I received the amp and immediately wired the power and ground, skeptical that after I learned he stole my paypal paymen for shipping, he'd probably not bothered to buy the parts or repair the amp. Why not just keep all the money, right? I was right. No repairs had been made. Upon very carefully wiring ground and power the amp began to smoke again. George has not replied to my demand per email to replace my amplifier or fix it. I want to let the public know that the customer service given to me by Atomic Loudspeakers is the worst I've received in my life. I am 33 years old and have dealt with many customer service departments. In total, I lost $1800 between Atomic and Ebbco Repairs. My stomach still hurts, it's hard to forget. I still have 4 audio batteries installed a subwoofer ready to boom and no AMP!

-Paul

Cincinnati Ohio

Yeah i emailed back and forth a few times with those guys...something just didnt seem professional to me with em...guess i'm glad i went with my gut..sorry to hear what happened to you.Maybe one of the guys on here could help you out.there are some good sellers on here.

Omg!!! I had the same experience with that sob Jeremy from EBBCO. He sent my amp back un-repaired after I paid him. He is a total loser who need a lesson taught to him.

Omg!!! I had the same experience with that sob Jeremy from EBBCO. He sent my amp back un-repaired after I paid him. He is a total loser who need a lesson taught to him.
Hows this scammer stay in business?shameful

I am absolutely disgusted with them. I can't stand Atomic... They took incredible care of me when I competed heavily with their products, shortly after switching drivers (but still running their amplifiers) they told me to **** it. Oh, and I have never received my WARRANTY COVERED 5000.1 amplifier back either. Quite ridiculous lies after lies. I had given up. After many... Several hundreds of dollars wasted/given to them, (with over $2k in spent on one F'ing 5000.1 in the end) after 8 months of being in contact they 100% stopped replying to me. Lol, can you believe they told me they had to send my amplifier to Japan for reparations? It is a F'ing Korean made amplifier. And TONS of us in the US repair amplifiers. I called em out on that too. That's when it all stopped. Money wasted on what was to be covered by a defective amplifier (blew twice while idling) , paying uber amounts as a "deposit," I only trusted that because they bent over backwards for me before, and complete and utter lies, on top of never sending me anything back. Over a year and a half now, and I simple ask just for the **** heatsink, just give me that Atomic?

Probably sh!tty electrical and it sure sounds like u wired backwards and maybe sh!tty electrical and only hooked one set of + -power terminals "just to test" and fried that dang card that those big azz amps have that is a b!tch to find if you can find one at all

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.