My SK-1500.1 is junk

I have an idea. Get in touch with Kevin, tell him the amp failed again... report back with his response.
He says its something in the install, but i know i did everything proper. All 1/0 gauge running from two batteries. Grounded to factory ground(since its located in the back of my car), so i know its sanded down. System holds 14.4V on idle and never goes below 12.3 full tilt on idle RPM. Batteries rest at 12.3-12.7 with car off. Using a battery load tester shows both batteries to be in perfect condition. All connections are solid and all wires are crimped extremely well into their respective terminals

Typical excuse...when all else fails, blame it on the install.

I remember having to do replace the same dang drawer in one of our microprocessor systems five times before we got one that works. Why do manufacturers not believe things can be messed up in more than one way?

Typical excuse...when all else fails, blame it on the install.
I remember having to do replace the same dang drawer in one of our microprocessor systems five times before we got one that works. Why do manufacturers not believe things can be messed up in more than one way?
I can't be sending it in for $120 repairs until i 'get one that works' though :/

He says its something in the install, but i know i did everything proper. All 1/0 gauge running from two batteries. Grounded to factory ground(since its located in the back of my car), so i know its sanded down. System holds 14.4V on idle and never goes below 12.3 full tilt on idle RPM. Batteries rest at 12.3-12.7 with car off. Using a battery load tester shows both batteries to be in perfect condition. All connections are solid and all wires are crimped extremely well into their respective terminals
LOL...sounds like something in the AMP...like built out of cheap parts that won't handle 12v power..lol. A good amp should not have a problem running between 10 or 11 and 14.5.. the POS probably only handles between 13v and 16v

LOL...sounds like something in the AMP...like built out of cheap parts that won't handle 12v power..lol. A good amp should not have a problem running between 10 or 11 and 14.5.. the POS probably only handles between 13v and 16v
Worked fine when i had the gains down for breaking in my sub, once i let loose (set up to maximum clean power using oscilloscope) and the voltage went from 12-14.4 did it start to crack ****

So is that what he told you after you told him it blew again? Do you have another set of eyes that can look your install over? I know I miss things sometimes that somebody else will spot right off. If somebody else looks it over and everything looks good I'd give him one more shot to make it right... after that all you can really do is cut your losses. I couldn't afford to have it repaired on my dime until they got it right either.

You may have gotten a lemon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I GUARANTEE if you call kevin he will listen to the problem and do everything he can to try and fix it, he was gonna accept some woofers back from me without question, and i figured out it was my screw up..
give it a try
sorry, your post count does not allow you to give such suggestions. DIAF

Kevin is the ca.com most voted worst human being next to Anthony Collova.

I bought this amp used so it isnt covered under skar warranty. I know buying used is sketchy, but being returned from repair and it dying again is quite alarming

I bought this amp used so it isnt covered under skar warranty. I know buying used is sketchy, but being returned from repair and it dying again is quite alarming
So it sounds like you should be bitching about the repair company, not the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.