My install's coming along nicely

Found a good way around removing my windshield! Read the thread.
John Kuthe...
What thread? Oh this one? Which is made up of 2% pics, 98% BS??!!

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

And I would still keep Kouthe over papermaker. Vote #2 .
I shall pray for you tonight.

What thread? Oh this one? Which is made up of 2% pics, 98% BS??!!...

OK, this:

15107226_1194489420611536_7760998608734885001_n.jpg

John Kuthe...

That's retarded. I wouldn't want something obstructing my view of the road and surroundings.
That's what most SQ cars do. It's got pros and cons.

It gives more depth and raises the stage if you can't get it right from lower. But it shrinks width and if you can see the speaker your brain automatically looks at it. In a perfect world the speakers disappear.

Mine for example, when people get a demo they are looking on the dash for speakers that are in the door

That's what most SQ cars do. It's got pros and cons. It gives more depth and raises the stage if you can't get it right from lower. But it shrinks width and if you can see the speaker your brain automatically looks at it. In a perfect world the speakers disappear.

Mine for example, when people get a demo they are looking on the dash for speakers that are in the door
With the new kenwood ddx373, even without tweets the stage height feature makes the stock in door speakers sound like they are on the dash. Pretty convenient. Also idk how but the stock initial time alignment was on point even before i started tweaking. Literally did not need to change anything time alignment wise, it was dead center. Pretty nuts.

Took me a long time to get to there with 80prs in my setup.

Dont knock it till you hear it.
Yeah, my nephew Paul warned me about visibility problems and I told him I think I can adapt to those! Rear view visibility looks OK and that's what I'd worry about the most. That;s one reason I wanted to keep everything looking as stock as possible.

John Kuthe...

Yeah, my nephew Paul warned me about visibility problems and I told him I think I can adapt to those! Rear view visibility looks OK and that's what I'd worry about the most. That;s one reason I wanted to keep everything looking as stock as possible.
John Kuthe...
Its really not that bad unless you are extremely short as in below 4"11, only then is when you become the bloody pedestrian harvester.

Its really not that bad unless you are extremely short as in below 4"11, only then is when you become the bloody pedestrian harvester.
I'm just glad they will allow my PHD speakers to shine a lot better to my ears! I want to get the best out of these $640 a pair speakers I can get!

John Kuthe...

That's retarded. I wouldn't want something obstructing my view of the road and surroundings.
A lot of vehicles have your head a fair bit higher than the dashboard. Really depends on the car and how tall you are. I've sat in cars set up like that and with proper TA they sound amazing.

A lot of vehicles have your head a fair bit higher than the dashboard. Really depends on the car and how tall you are. I've sat in cars set up like that and with proper TA they sound amazing.
Yep, it's always a trade off. Car or sound listening chamber?

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JohnKuthe

CarAudio.com Veteran
JohnKuthe
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from