My 2003 Civic Install

just saw this thread, nice progress on the install and am looking forward to the finish.

i love the clean ass double din dash and the A-pillar fab work and has given me ideas with tweet mounts for my civic, but i'm trying to find stock tweet mounts on the Sails so i can keep the car looking somewhat stock.

question: how much would you charge to fab up a similar tweet/speaker mount on A-pillars?

you could just run a second battery with the big 3 but look into a h.o alt. cause if you're listening to your music at high volumes while being idle or running at low rpms(under 2k) your voltage can drop below 12v quite rapidly, especially with the amperage draw your looking at with your setup. i currently run the stock batt + 1 opt red in the trunk with big 3 on 1/0ga with the saz-1500d, and my voltage does O.K but needs to be upgraded further. :/

question: are you you placing the stock rear dash panel back on the rear panel or having a new one fabbed up? my rear panel flex's too much and causes my rear panels third brake light to hit the back window. i ended up tossing a sock back there and it keeps it quiet.

oh and one more question/request: where did you run your 1/0ga wire from the engine bay to your trunk? i noticed yours running in from the left side so it got me curious. could we get a pic of it if possible?

keep up the good work!

well it took a while to build the a pillars because we work a lot. im not quite sure how much id charge to do them again, i dont really have a place to work at since i live in navy barracks. it was tough enough finding a place to work on that stuff (parkinglot + power inverter + jigsaw + dremel).

as far as the 0awg, the best spot is to take the passanger side under dash panel and carpet up, and near the center console down there real low on the firewall is a large wire bundle and grommet.

what i did was slice a hole in both sides (not cutting any wires in the process lol) and stuff the 0 awg in. you can follow the wire bundle up to the fuse panel and battery (zip tie it to the other bundles) and it is clean and perfectly routed.

easy cakes.

prolly gonna finish it up and take more pics later this weekend.

a pilliars are a pain to make, i'd love to make everyone free a pilliars but do to the hours and hours of sanding, fiberglass, painting, more sanding, gluing popcicle sticks, and worst of all cutting perfect little mounting rings with routers and dremels, I would never sell mine, if i didn't work I would think about making just a pilliars all day, but it's hard manual labor and req and i would probably need 500 bucks a peice, which is just crazy money, i know i wouldnt pay it, building those pilliars make everything else look pretty darn easy, just installed the car last night, taking some pictures today, with the speakers installed.

Good thing about these pillars is that you can easily take them out and buy some at the junk yard if want to sell the car, but then what do you do with you a pilliar since its vehicle specific, sell it on this forum i suppose, but then they have to use the same speakers, all around just a pain in the a@@

trimmed the inside of the door panel down to fit the larger diamater speakers.
5z44pb4.jpg

thems the midbassuz

4zjclxw.jpg

fabbed up a quick bracket for his c701

4vrcpba.jpg

isnt that beautius?

4kbtwtf.jpg

lets hear what you have to say //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
that alpine sound processor looks kinda funny mounted under the hu. i think the 701 looks pretty good glassed-in on the head liner.

Very nice , you love some **** popsicle sticks don't you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm just giving reqypoo hell . Everytime I see a project of his , those popsicle sticks are some where //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif It's like a fabricators version of where's waldo //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

hell, it works. it's wood!!!

Doesn't even have to be wood . I use radio back straps when making kicks a lot of times . They hold there shape and can be easily repositioned for aiming corrections. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

that is an awesome fab technique right there. i just have not found the right backstraps around here in stores to buy for that purpose. they are eaither way too thick and not easily malliable, or way too thin and flimsy.

we might be relocating the midbass to the kicks. so stay tuned for that.

and that stucco\stone paint actually looks a hell of a lot better than i thought it would on those a pillars. ill get some pics this weekend.

I get them from rat shack. Just about the only thing I go in that place for anymore unless I want to mess with the salesman.

Midbass in the kicks ? Time to check out the kick area and start chopping to open up some of the hidden room in there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i dont know if he will let me do that much lawl.

I'm gonna get that luxury for once on a vehicle here real soon. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

req chop away, i'm ready for the kick panels when you are, the mid bass in the doors rattle the locking mechanisms too much for my likeing, even with 10 pounds of deadener on each door, oh well , it was a valuable leason in deadening and speaker placement, to be continued......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.