My 2003 Civic Install

Dtour
10+ year member

Addicted to sound
I have ripped out my current system and am in the works of building a 3-way front stage. This past week I ordered a pair of RS52AN-8 2" Dome Midranges, a pair of Seas 27TAFNC/G (H1397) 1" aluminum dome tweeter, and last but not least, a pair of L18RNX/P (H1224) 7" Aluminum Cone midbass woofers. I am planning on installing the midrange and tweets in my a-pilliars, and the L18's in my doors. So far I have applied a ton of deadening to my doors ( edead V1 followed by several thick coats of edead V3 Liquid ) and will possibly start building my a-pilliars up tommorrow when the rest of my speakers are delivered from Madisound. I have infinity coax 6.5's in the rear deck, but considering removing them, just depends on how good this front stage turns out. As far as the trunk, it's been edeaded with V1 and V3, still need to apply another think coat of V3 soon. I currently have a pair of Rockford HE2 12's in a sealed box, just to hold me over until my 13av.2 comes in........in Novemebe:crap: To push the sub will be a Nine.1 running at 1 ohm, and I have an infinty 4 channel to push the a-pilliars, and a audioemotions next 2 channel for the midbass. My head unit is an Alpine, can't remember the model, but I have been extremely happy with it so far, due to the fact that I can hardwire my Ipod to the glove box and have 80 gigs of sound show up on the Alpine. Looking into getting an H701 and controller, unless anyone else has any other alternatives. This install is being headed up by req, I started working with req a few months ago and he has a vast knowledge of everything I could ever want to know about sound and car audio, there will be some challenges, but after listening and riding in his GTi, I'm sure this Civic will be everything I envision it to be. This is my first post, so take it easy on me, I'm new to this forum lifestyle, but have learned more in the last month than the previous 10 years installing my own crap.

here are some fun pictures //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

passanger door, ~2 layers of matt, and a nice thick ass coat of liquid

4xy3s7q.jpg

driver side

4mvuauc.jpg

i cutted templates (aka planters peanut-guy shaped things) to fill the holes.

52uwhh4.jpg

then we got drunk.

me drinking

687tnw6.jpg

then dtour fucked this guy up - dtour is the guy on the right just getting up.

4tzlx7t.jpg

no. he really fucked him up...

and then things got out of control and my camrea ran out of batteries. so yea.

4ztmv42.jpg

time to go to PT, then work. we will be back later. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

Just a quick concern, though. In the 5th picture, how come it looks like the guy sitting on the floor is jamming his fist into Dtour's ass? And why is Dtour smiling?

I kid. I kid. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The install is looking good.

then dtour fucked this guy up - dtour is the guy on the right just getting up.

4tzlx7t.jpg

no. he really fucked him up...

and then things got out of control and my camrea ran out of batteries. so yea.

4ztmv42.jpg

time to go to PT, then work. we will be back later. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif
lol

Purchased supplies to put tweeters and midranges in doors, ran out of daylight, should make good progress this weekend. Recieved L18rnx and seas tweeters today from madisound, took less than aweek to get here, L18's are some beefy speakers, a huge step up from my kenwood components that were there a few weeks ago.

L18's don't quite fit the factory hole for the civic, magnet is too large, will be cutting a larger hole tommorow and mounting wooden rings to elevate the speakers so they will clear, wish me luck:suicide:

hopefully off to find a freakin jasper jig tonight so we can start cuttin some shiz.

maybe ill get some pictures //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

we founda jasper jig at a place called Woodcrafters, absolutly everything thing a diy guy could ever need on that store. We cut out the small factory holes in the front doors an inch or so to fit the bigger magnets of the L18's, plus two wooden rings for rasing the mounting surface and to avoid hitting the windows when they roll down.

I ordered even more crap today, 35 feet of 0/1 gauge wire, 100 feet of 14 guage for front stage, and some kick ass distrubution blocks and inline fuse holders from parts express, it's gonna be a monster to wire this car, but it should be all worthwhile soon enough. Also took out A-pilliars and bought them up to the house for a quick look to see our options on mounting the midranges and tweets

and i forgot my **** camrea again. i promise to get pics next time we work on it lol.

and i realize i need a routing table and a new straight plunge bit. *sigh*

Well after much thought, I'm going to go ahead with two 13av.2 subs, sealed, unless req can prove me otherwise, and another nine.1........the ton of wiring I ordered will be here in two days, can't wait, plus i got a nifty little gps from garmin, nuvi 350, coolest thing I've purchased in a while, no more getting lost in Va Beach, not sure where to mount it though, it's very small about the size of a wallet, any suggestions

Well after much thought, I'm going to go ahead with two 13av.2 subs, sealed, unless req can prove me otherwise, and another nine.1........the ton of wiring I ordered will be here in two days, can't wait, plus i got a nifty little gps from garmin, nuvi 350, coolest thing I've purchased in a while, no more getting lost in Va Beach, not sure where to mount it though, it's very small about the size of a wallet, any suggestions
fiberglass up in a pillar or something. Be creative with it. I hate driving by cars with it suctioned to the **** windshield.

If I could fiberglass it in i will, but I must have the option of taking it out with me, it is definityl the coolest gadget I've ever had, it knocks my socks off every time I go somewhere, I just want it to be removable so I can take it on vacations or other peoples vehicles

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.