My 2003 Civic Install

eq\xover\time align\dolby dts 5.1\ect. it does a LOT.

and they are off axis because every time i read about these particular tweets, everyone says that off axis is the only way they like them. it would have been nice if they were a little bit more on axis, but they will still sound great the way they are. we did not have an amplifer at the time to test the two speakers in different alignments, so we did lots of research and found how people tended to like them. and off axis was the best.

but i am pleased with the outcome. the midranges are what im looking forward to the most.

Should get my infinity 4 channel back today, dam thing went in protect mode this past week, i went to take it out of the trunk and the rca plug on the actual amp pulled off, I put it in the box and took it to best buy, they have to send it off for whatever repairs it needs, until then i can't slave the midranges and tweets in the pilliars unless someone has a 4 channel i could borrow:(

im off to new york today because my best friend just passed away.

so there wont be any updates with anything spactular until i get back.

but i expected a few more comments than this. time to post it on DIYmobileaudio.com. *feh*

by the way dtour, my plane leaves at 6:20. i left you a message, listen to it and let me know.

hooked up a sub tonight just out of boredom, played around on the h701 to get it dialed in and turns out there are tons of rattles coming from the roof area, rattles i havnt heard before, so it looks like i'll spend some time isolating them one by one and doing what I can to stop the rattle.
Also did an experiment with my electrical system tonight. Volume was almost off, just barely audible, I took a multimeter to the trunk and tested voltage at the dist block, heres what I got.....

14 volts wit everything off but the stereo, stereo was low

12.25 volts with a/c on full blast and headlights on

13.7 with just headlights on

So 'm thinking I need to atleast upgrade my stinkin battery, it's whatever stupid battery honda put in there at the factory, I had no idea the A/C ****** over a volt of juice, then again it don't really suprise me.

Will the big 3 upgrade and a new battery help with this, or is just the way things are?

i have a civic jus like yours and those stock batteries ****...i jus got a regular everstart and ive been runnin an IA 20.1 off it and i hardly have any voltage drop

But to answer ur question a new battery will be a huge improvement and the big 3 will make it even better.....good luck with the rest of the install it looks great

cool, will get a new battery soon, the battery case is so small, kinda limits me on what battery i can choose, I guess that ever start made a noticebal difference? What kind was it?

cool, will get a new battery soon, the battery case is so small, kinda limits me on what battery i can choose, I guess that ever start made a noticebal difference? What kind was it?
well i put the battery in as soon as i put my first system in so i never heard it off of the little stock batt....but i got the battery jus at walmart its a yellow Everstart(around $60 or so)...and to fit it in i jus took off that little intake hose thing and the battery case and it jus sits in there fine and doesnt move....u can fit pretty much any kind of regular battery in there....jus nothing like a kinetik 2400 or something massive

Well one of my tweeters took a crap, called madisound and they have another one on the way, free of charge, guy said it was a common problem, 2 people earlier today had same problem, good thing is that i don't have to send in the bad one, can't beat that

here are some new pics of my a pilliars, freshley painted with a few coats of paint, 90% complete

23to774.jpg
[/img]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.