req makes his VW GTi infinite baffle with IDQ15's PICS :D

req
5,000+ posts

am a mod.
Syracuse, NY
hey there everyone.

another thread. another ib install. a new car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

equipment to be utilizied.

Alpine CDA-9856

Alpine PXA-H701 (comming soon)

Alpine RUX-C701 (comming soon)

DLS A5

DLS A2 (comming soon)

Image Dynamics CD2-Comp HLCD mini lens (lens comming soon, fullbodies too big)

Image Dynamics CX62 6.5 midbass IB in doors (installed)

Image Dynamics IDQ15d2v2 IB (installing now)

now, the install is in its infancy, and pics will come as i update the thread. my tax retun should be comming soon and the H701\C701 or a H700 combo will be purchased with it. the DLS A2 will come after i scrounge up enough monies because that next 2 channel amp will suffice for the time being.

im installing the subs in the "rear deck" of the cargo area in the GTi. its that panel that lifts up when the hatch opens. im going to make a new panel, and reinforce it and seal off the stowage space as best i can.

so heres some pictures. ill take more of the fabrication process for the baffle. its drying right now.

img0006kk5.jpg

img0007fo1.jpg

i have a video, id of taken more pictures but my camrea just died because my roomate left the somva***** on after he downloaded all his pics. so i gotta charge new batteries.

should be a fun install. maybe ill draw some sketches. or something.

i plan on making a false floor for the amps to sit under and making it nice and neat. should be easy to make and not take a long time. look for updates in the next few days.

if done right with those subs in that car, your bass will be effortless and bottomless.

1. gotta seperate the front wave from the back completely.dynamatt, expanding foam, fibreglass anything, just make sure the waves are completely seperated.

2. rigidity, everythings gotta be solid, real solid, any flex or wobble or movement will take away from the potentially mystical bass.

im guessing your gonna do a great job, and i have $50 sais its the best bass you'll have ever heard in any car anywhere ever.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ive had the idq's in IB in a previous car with the trunk completly sealed off.

so i know the 'sexytime mystical bass'

it will be good? verynicea.
bit-thumbsup.gif

borat_trailer250c.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.