Most Powerful SQ sub?

To the original poster;Try and find a pair of IDWs... AMAZING SQ with more than enough output. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
hahaha, find IDW's, yeah right, like that's going to happen. I really doubt he wants to go IB either. For SQL those would NOT be my first choice. An idmax would be easier to find and cheaper in the long run. IDW's are nice, in specific applications. Unless your winslow......

^ The **** doesn't make any sense, and another reason its gay is it makes people (newbs) think if they get the sub, in any install its going to wang chung and be accurate. It's misleading and cannot be defined correctly.
Can you point out an example of someone who has been led to think that by being exposed to a discussion about the differences between SQ, SQL, and SPL drivers?

That makes as much sense as thinking that a pure SQ-oriented sub with sound perfect in just any 'ole install or believing that a straight-up SPL sub will bang as hard as physically possible for the driver/power combination regardless of what kindof box in which it's installed.

Either of these lines of thinking are simply ludicrous and I cannot personally think of an instance of someone considering one or the other with any degree of seriousness at all much less as a result of someone's commentary about this product or that being competent for use in an SQL application.

Consequently the argument about whether or not 'SQL' is even a valid term is equally as silly IMO.

Just my $0.02

install is the biggest "x" factor....face it...

as mentioned right above, a sq sub will not give good sq if it's in a crappy box... same for spl drivers....

thats why some of the people here have wangin systems and others with similar setups don't get loud...

check this link....it's a great examlple...

200w with a pair of 8"s for CHRISTS SAKE....and it wangs...138dB of amazing-ness... with DD 1008's the cheapest subs they make that are like $100

there are misconceptions yes that they can any old sub and make it sound great... yes...

BUT... also that they need to spend even more money on a better (aka higher end) speaker to get that balance of sql that they wanted...which is BS as well...

there is no way that you can say that the speaker is the determinant factor... when i have heard pure sh!t come out of w7's and heard kicker comps that sounded better... and i am sure that you have noticed this,

xtreme

I'll go out on a limb and say that most people don't know SQ when they hear it. While it's a little subjective, an "SQ sub," to most people, will sound almost nonexistant.

Peerless XXLS is the way to go for true SQ. I haven't heard anything as accurate as the XXLS.

The JL 12W6v2 is an amazing sub, as is the IDQ and the IDMAX.

Can you point out an example of someone who has been led to think that by being exposed to a discussion about the differences between SQ, SQL, and SPL drivers?
That makes as much sense as thinking that a pure SQ-oriented sub with sound perfect in just any 'ole install or believing that a straight-up SPL sub will bang as hard as physically possible for the driver/power combination regardless of what kindof box in which it's installed.

Either of these lines of thinking are simply ludicrous and I cannot personally think of an instance of someone considering one or the other with any degree of seriousness at all much less as a result of someone's commentary about this product or that being competent for use in an SQL application.

Consequently the argument about whether or not 'SQL' is even a valid term is equally as silly IMO.

Just my $0.02
Finally someone with some logic realizes that if you invalidate SQL you also invalidate SQ and SPL by the same reasoning. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/idea.gif.5acb6a39a9b92425414c316dda202bad.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.