most over-rated sub?

Status
Not open for further replies.
JL, no doubt about it. Kids come into my shop and are so close minded they won't even entertain the notion of anything but JL, even if it is half the price and performs better. I sell RE SRs for about half of what a JL W3 goes for and the TL parameters and performance are almost identical(almost, the SR has a slight edge) but these kids dont care becuse it aint JL. But I laugh alot, the termlab is a great eqaulizer.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

JL, no doubt about it. Kids come into my shop and are so close minded they won't even entertain the notion of anything but JL, even if it is half the price and performs better. I sell RE SRs for about half of what a JL W3 goes for and the TL parameters and performance are almost identical(almost, the SR has a slight edge) but these kids dont care becuse it aint JL. But I laugh alot, the termlab is a great eqaulizer.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
just my opinion... but i've found that re's aren't as consistant in production as the w3's, (less dependable) pehaps a reason for higher cost but still just selling a name

just my opinion... but i've found that re's aren't as consistant in production as the w3's, (less dependable) pehaps a reason for higher cost but still just selling a name
Maybe, I dont know. We have never had one comeback, but with a 1 year over the counter exchange warranty if you but authorized,for all there subs but the MT, Id say that shouldnt be an issue. Does JL offer that?

The W7 is overrated. I see people all the time running around here talking about how JL and the W7 is the best yet my 18" HaVocs always stomp them into the ground. People overrate the W7 ALL THE TIME.
..when i hook my three up ill make sure ur the first to hear them...so if u can find me one person on this board that over hypes then u were right i was wrong..but no one does this...and i would hope an 18 sub would beat out a 12 or even 13" sub

Maybe, I dont know. We have never had one comeback, but with a 1 year over the counter exchange warranty if you but authorized,for all there subs but the MT, Id say that shouldnt be an issue. Does JL offer that?
yeah JL offers a 1 year warranty as long as the sub wasn't blown with power exceding the recomendations (2000 wats for a 13w7!) but some dealers also support the products with their installations... freemans replaced my dad's tweeters because of a water leak in the seal in the windshield... 2 years after the warranty expired

..when i hook my three up ill make sure ur the first to hear them...so if u can find me one person on this board that over hypes then u were right i was wrong..but no one does this...and i would hope an 18 sub would beat out a 12 or even 13" sub
if he hooks em up right that will be another JL fanatic

if he hooks em up right that will be another JL fanatic
4 pairs of comps, 2 10s, and 1 13 ay

for the original question:

UM w7, type r, l7, mtx(not on here, but locally) and the list could keep going //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

yeah JL offers a 1 year warranty as long as the sub wasn't blown with power exceding the recomendations (2000 wats for a 13w7!) but some dealers also support the products with their installations... freemans replaced my dad's tweeters because of a water leak in the seal in the windshield... 2 years after the warranty expired
Is that 1 year warranty an over the counter exchange, or do you have to send it in if the dealer will not give you a new one? If it is not an over-the-counter exchange I say RE has the upper hand, supposed consistency issues or not. A RE dealer has no choice but to give the customer a new woofer if he has it in stock or he voids his dealer agreement.

JL is very overrated. By all means theyre not bad subs at all, but they are very overrated by install shops across the nation.....reason being they want to sell there "best line" of subs for that high price like everyone was saying(to make more money ovbiously).
Since the install shops are persuading newbs or people non knowledgeable to car audio to buy really overpriced subs, the customer thinks "hey I dumped a month's work of checks on a JL system, it has to be the best."

So, that being said I think JL is the most overrated. I could come up with a bunch of setups that could outpreform a lot of jl subs for the money.

But again this all goes back to money. You cannot have this thread without the mentioning of money.
that was a bunch of garbage you just muttered out, sorry mang.

Is that 1 year warranty an over the counter exchange, or do you have to send it in if the dealer will not give you a new one? If it is not an over-the-counter exchange I say RE has the upper hand, supposed consistency issues or not. A RE dealer has no choice but to give the customer a new woofer if he has it in stock or he voids his dealer agreement.
my shop replace an amp/woofer etc. on spot, untill the warranty was settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...