my last thread(if i get proof)

i'm tired of hearing trash about how impractical or stupid a multisize sub setup is so can anyone give me proof it won't work?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif AIDS is a direct result of multisize sub setups. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

it will work, if set up correctly...

meaning, you need an intricate network of crossovers, which are going to take alot of components to roll the frequencies off a the desired frequencies. this is the only way it could work properly, with the use of a crossover network. without that, you are going to be getting alot of cancellation, and alot of interference and weird sounding stuff due to the different parameters of the different sized woofers.

if you go the route of not having a crossover network, then you are going to be better off running a identical speakers playing the same frequencies.

now, with that said, contemplate this... you are going to spend ALOT more to build the crossover network than you would just running the same speakers. not to mention, it is going to signifigantly diminish your output. also, on top of costing more to build the crossover network, you are probably going to be spending more money on amplification as well... so its your choice, spend alot, dont get the results you think you are going to get, or spend less, and get better results.

so there you go, it will work, but it takes more than putting different sized speakers together

i'm tired of hearing trash about how impractical or stupid a multisize sub setup is so can anyone give me proof it won't work?
I would say your sig is a prime example...

"sounded like ****"

Hey, let me spend my hard earned money on something thats going to sound like a donkey sharting! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/idea.gif.5acb6a39a9b92425414c316dda202bad.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

ok we got plenty of insults but still no proof
Don't hold your breath waiting on actual proof, meaning a valid test(s) were done as I doubt anyone has done that. It's another thing to hate on with NO valid data to back it up, or real world experience. Very similar to many who recommend FI subs yet have NEVER even heard one. Guess it's better to be a lemming on here then feel the wrath of the haters //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

How about YOU build it like you want and provide the proof that it works //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

I'd like to hear a "fact based" explanation for why a 10" & 12" in the same box playing the same freq's would cancel each other out, but 2 10's or 12's is fine. Seriously someone with some expertise educate us as I'm always willing to learn, but "here say" isn't a good teacher //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

it will work, if set up correctly...
meaning, you need an intricate network of crossovers, which are going to take alot of components to roll the frequencies off a the desired frequencies. this is the only way it could work properly, with the use of a crossover network. without that, you are going to be getting alot of cancellation, and alot of interference and weird sounding stuff due to the different parameters of the different sized woofers.

if you go the route of not having a crossover network, then you are going to be better off running a identical speakers playing the same frequencies.

now, with that said, contemplate this... you are going to spend ALOT more to build the crossover network than you would just running the same speakers. not to mention, it is going to signifigantly diminish your output. also, on top of costing more to build the crossover network, you are probably going to be spending more money on amplification as well... so its your choice, spend alot, dont get the results you think you are going to get, or spend less, and get better results.

so there you go, it will work, but it takes more than putting different sized speakers together
ok yeah this is all true i gott the subs discounted and i already got a crossover network in my sights, just waitin on the amps... any recommendations for pre-built x-overs er do i gotta do it myself?

"sounded like ****"

Hey, let me spend my hard earned money on something thats going to sound like a donkey sharting! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/idea.gif.5acb6a39a9b92425414c316dda202bad.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Not to mention, 130db ain't sh!t....single 10" daily driver setups can hit that.

"sounded like ****"

well ther is no getting around the fact that different sizes on the same amp will sound like **** but thats not what i'm planning on doing

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.