most over-rated sub?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quite simply i KNOW it IS possible
...the very next post...

not a fact only I BELIEVE
**** man, get your story straight.

My offer still stands - if the NC meet happens this spring, I'll try to get a 1/6th-octave RTA down for it, we can do some frequency response testing as well as subjective listening with everyone there. I don't have or know anyone with the equipment to do what Sean was mentioning with measuring cancellation, but at least we can test the FR.

Believing gravity doesn't exist won't keep you from falling flat on your face...make sense?

In the end all you are doing with multiple different drivers is spending a ton of time, money and effort to be simply on par with a uniform set of drivers. You won't exceed that level and you will really be hard pressed to simply return to the point form which you diverged.

quite simply i KNOW it IS possible to at least get the same results as a same sub setup... i am here to gain knowledge to how to make it more possible... not to be called an idiot and be told what i am trying to do is idiotic i may very well discover that it is impossible... but untill then i am going to try.. it has been more than expressed that most of you do not agree with what i'm trying to do... once again, "this is why i didn't post a thread about it" yet as another result of attacking the person instead of the question.... i was accused of not being knowledgeable because of my system and thus FORCED to explain
Your explanations and claims of o-scope usage did nothing but show even moreso that you aren't nearly so knowledgeable as you're attempting to claim.

How do you KNOW it is possible?

Believing gravity doesn't exist won't keep you from falling flat on your face...make sense?
In the end all you are doing with multiple different drivers is spending a ton of time, money and effort to be simply on par with a uniform set of drivers. You won't exceed that level and you will really be hard pressed to simply return to the point form which you diverged.
maby i am now but if i can make it just as good, who sais i can't make it better? i definitly can see a possibility for it to be better... and i do know it's possible because if it sounded as good as it did with minimal tuneing, then when i actually spend time tuning it it should sound better... besides that there is noting that sais i can't do it and i would really like to leave it at that... but you're not going to

Your explanations and claims of o-scope usage did nothing but show even moreso that you aren't nearly so knowledgeable as you're attempting to claim.
How do you KNOW it is possible?
definitly said i DIDN'T know what an o scope does or how to use one in fact i invited the fact that it might not have been an oscope he used to detemine that, now who's putting words in peoples mouths?

i don't know how an Oscope works nor do i have one... but my buddy did the test and told me i didn't have a problem with cancellation... ps: there WAS a mic in the car maby the program he used wasn't limited to but included an oscope? and i even said i didn't know for shure
see?

You ALSO said:

"because my 2 different sized subs with the right amps sound great, have a almost perfectly flat responce, and have no cancellation and miniscule total harmonic distortion" you can take my word for it untill i take some pictures of the oscilliscope with it all hooked up... i don't own the amps yet but i have tested the system with my buddies' amps and i allready know what it will sound like, what the oscilliscope reads, and roughly how to set the amps before i even drop them into the car... the resulting setup will/has looked great... have exellent sound quality, blow out my back window, and serve as a testimony that i have no consept of money" don't worry i'll have them within 3 months,and i'll post some readings... till then, you can leave my system alone... of course the POS they are resting in is certainly not their final resting place, that should chang by the end of the year

YOU CAN"T DO THAT WHICH IS NOT POSSIBLE!!!

Look at it this way. You want to build a table. The perfect tabletop would be a single piece of wood that be big enough to make the whole top. Unfortuately it's a big table that you want. As such you need to join several pieces together to make the larger piece. If you're really good, you can get it really close to looking just like the one single piece and the fewer seams you have the fewer flaws there are in grain alignment. and the closer to the single piece you can get it. What you are suggesting is using more pieces that required to get the table built, making it out of 4 2x6's instead of 3 2x8's or a pair of 2x12's. The end result will not be as nice because you are trying to match up more pieces that you need to.

A real world example...NASA spent a stupid amount of money with Parker pens to make a pen that would write under any condition, not relying on gravity to feed the ink to the roller. An astronaut needs to be able to write in space after all. Not long after the design was finalized there was a conference between NASA and the Soviet space program leading up to the Apollo-Soyuz joint program. The NASA people were jubilant about their high tech pen that would write in space, right up until the Soviets stated quite simply that they used pencils. Moral, you can go the hard road spending a ton of time and money to only get right back to the same spot. More isn't always better, sometimes it's only more, and sometimes (in this case) it's actually less.

This thread right here further proves the validity of helotaxi's posting signature //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

YOU CAN"T DO THAT WHICH IS NOT POSSIBLE!!!
Look at it this way. You want to build a table. The perfect tabletop would be a single piece of wood that be big enough to make the whole top. Unfortuately it's a big table that you want. As such you need to join several pieces together to make the larger piece. If you're really good, you can get it really close to looking just like the one single piece and the fewer seams you have the fewer flaws there are in grain alignment. and the closer to the single piece you can get it. What you are suggesting is using more pieces that required to get the table built, making it out of 4 2x6's instead of 3 2x8's or a pair of 2x12's. The end result will not be as nice because you are trying to match up more pieces that you need to.

A real world example...NASA spent a stupid amount of money with Parker pens to make a pen that would write under any condition, not relying on gravity to feed the ink to the roller. An astronaut needs to be able to write in space after all. Not long after the design was finalized there was a conference between NASA and the Soviet space program leading up to the Apollo-Soyuz joint program. The NASA people were jubilant about their high tech pen that would write in space, right up until the Soviets stated quite simply that they used pencils. Moral, you can go the hard road spending a ton of time and money to only get right back to the same spot. More isn't always better, sometimes it's only more, and sometimes (in this case) it's actually less.
good anlogys

and pen story was funny, but summed things up well

You ALSO said:

well i may not have known what i was talking about but its true WHATEVER he used to test it, those were the results... not to mention the result of what i heard... whether it be an oscope or a battery tester... my ears still said it sounded great even compared to some of the setups i've seen win competitions

well i may not have known what i was talking about but its true WHATEVER he used to test it, those were the results... not to mention the result of what i heard... whether it be an oscope or a battery tester... my ears still said it sounded great even compared to some of the setups i've seen win competitions
thats what everyone has been saying, you didn't know and you don't know

yea i should of changed it to people hate on it and have never even really played with it..but do you get what iam saying? people are such band wagon jumpers that its crazy...one person say i hate Dub7s then a bunch of fegs that have never even seen the sub outside of thier local JL dealer jump all over that sub ...to tell you the truth i dont think there is a such thing as a Over-rated sub because its your money and if your happy with the set-up you got then more power to ya...yea i have all DD subs in my cars and people may talk **** about that but Fvck it its my money i do what i want......
whoever talks **** about your DD's is a n00b anyways.......

helotaxi

I have never met you but you sure do know your ****

Anyways from my experience I was always told it is better to have your stages overl lap in frequency

so a sub plays 20-100hz

midrange woofer 80 - 300 hz

midrange sub woofer - 100 - 1.5 khz

tweeter 1khz - 30khz

It would sound much more MUSICALLY sound

then if each speaker STOPPED at one frequency and another had to take over...

mainly being that every speakers response and accuracy will differ from brand to brand, size to size.. so having them stop or play one freqeuncy will actually cause it to sound paused or skippy.... so i have heard...

Anyways looking for helotaxi to expound on what i was told

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...