Mdf build with no screws

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
chicago
I built a birch box once held with only glue and Brad nails and worked out real good. Today I plan on building with 3/4 mdf and would like to use glue and Brad nails again. Anyone ever have a bad experience doing this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a video somewhere of me having to fix a mistake on an mdf box. Pulled the screws and the mdf came apart so easy I recorded how easily the box could vibrate apart at the seams. Trying to find it.

I have done 155db builds with just glue lots of times. Just make sure you clamp and give everything time to dry
The above video was a heavily glued mdf joint that had screws clamping it together for a week. I pulled the screws out and it took maybe 10 lbs of force to separate the joint.

Seems I should be ok by Many of the replies. I did use a brad nail gun too by the way so I'm hoping I'm ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.